Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WOO Announcers

Rick and James are ok. John Gibson is the man.

Give me the Lucas oil crew anyday. These guys are bad, and the blaring music for seconds while the cars are coming around for the green ! Why ? Sooooo unprofessional.

As an announcer myself, reading all these replies, what do YOU the fans prefer during the evening from the announcer? Do you want someone who gives lineups and straight play by play? Do you want someone with extensive histories about the tracks and drivers?

Curious what everyone's favorite TYPE of announcer is.
    Chris Nunn
    812-320-7435
    transitionaddress@hotmail.com

Excitement.

My favorite, Mike Norris
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Excitement.
    I know a few fat girls in Sycamore who might be able to help you out there......

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Excitement.

My favorite, Mike Norris
    He’s good when he’s not drunk on Busch lights like he tends to be. FALS even allows him to drink in the booth, he referenced it Wednesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Duane Goins
    No.......

Just no.........

Quote Originally Posted by Wells Racing Photos View Post
    No.......Just no.........
    . Not much love for him on here. I have heard him a handful of times over the years. I guess you folks don’t send him Christmas cards 😜

Chris - lineups and track history are great. It’s all the things I mentioned earlier I don’t like. And most of the time people at the track can’t hear nothing when green flag comes out. It’s these announcers trying to be cute on tv and internet. That needs to go. ....one more thing. Before racing begins early on in the evening, NO LOUD MUSIC BLARRING!!! Race fans wanna talk to their friends and neighbors, make new friends. Don’t wanna do that screaming at each other over high volume music.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Crow. I got a little something for ya (before the race). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKMvkJVbC2M

When I was announcing at Slinger I made a crack about the car number having to be higher than your IQ.

Mother of the kid driving car #1 complained to the promoter.

I got a stern talking to....
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    When I was announcing at Slinger I made a crack about the car number having to be higher than your IQ.Mother of the kid driving car #1 complained to the promoter.I got a stern talking to....
    Amazing how quickly people get offended (parent should be teaching child to get better and be the best).

Things I want:
    1. lineups when the cars are not zipping past so you can't hear it
    2. History is great, on the track, the series, the drivers, rivalries, etc. Knowledge is very helpful
    3. A little comedy is okay

Don't want:
    1. Duane Goins
    2. Hearing the track name or a driver's nickname 3 times per lap
    3. Blaring music during breaks: I like the sounds a racetrack and its fans make!
    4. For me, I couldn't care less what type of chassis it is, or who the motor builder is.

Chassis and motor are a big part of the sport. Whats the deal with Duane Goins? I have heard him maybe 3 or 4 times over the years.
    Last edited by Rajflyboy; 06-28-2020 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    I know a few fat girls in Sycamore who might be able to help you out there......
    pics?............
    8/13/16

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

Rick " no doubt about it " Eshelman is fine, but yes, some of you guys are spot on, the music before the main event is too dammed loud, eliminate the sh*t, but in the last year I've been muting all races I watch on the computer, especially at Eldora, because I know 99% of the drivers by sight now, so I don't need an announcer to call the action for me and besides if I have to know who's where the ticker at the top tells me where a certain driver is

But I'm thrilled that more women announcers are getting involved in stock car racing. The young woman at Volunteer was excellent a few wks back, and the lady last night @ Lernerville seemed to know her stuff quite well. And of course, eye candy never hurts from a male perspective, does it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Chassis and motor are a big part of the sport. Whats the deal with Duane Goins? I have heard him maybe 3 or 4 times over the years.
    I’d rather have a root canal than listen to Goins. Most annoying announcer of all time.

Goins isn’t just a terrible announcer, he’s a terrible human being. The racist stuff he’s been spewing on Facebook the past couple weeks should get him banned from every race track in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells Racing Photos View Post
    No.......

Just no.........
    Bingo, cant stand the guy!

Argues with customers on social media!

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMagic1619* View Post
    Rick " no doubt about it " Eshelman is fine, but yes, some of you guys are spot on, the music before the main event is too dammed loud, eliminate the sh*t, but in the last year I've been muting all races I watch on the computer, especially at Eldora, because I know 99% of the drivers by sight now, so I don't need an announcer to call the action for me and besides if I have to know who's where the ticker at the top tells me where a certain driver is

But I'm thrilled that more women announcers are getting involved in stock car racing. The young woman at Volunteer was excellent a few wks back, and the lady last night @ Lernerville seemed to know her stuff quite well. And of course, eye candy never hurts from a male perspective, does it ?
    We need more eye candy passing out the trophy's. In the 70's those knee high go go boots drove me crazy. lol