Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WOO Announcers

The news people tell me the only people in the country that are racists are white. From some of the statements above, Duane Goins surely must be a white man. You might want to dig a little deeper.

Duane goins is a white guy last time I saw him......if he isn't , he sure missed a good shot at it.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

You would be wrong.

You would be wrong. Goins is one of the primary names of the melungeons that first settled border Virginia/North Carolina.

I think some have these two men mixed up..

The one that I can not listen to is not white.

His name is Dewayne Keith and he does the SAS .

Always trying to sound like the fakeasss wrestling sh!!t
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (PPV) & Streams ( 2 many)
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

Chris, in my opinion, a good announcer gets you line ups quickly. Has a guy in the pits that gets him info on why or what happened to a particular driver. Between races or down time gives you some history on the race and previous winners. I'm not saying you have to be constantly talking, but why tracks feel they have to blare music is beyond me. Let fans no that the next event will be 10 or 15 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    You would be wrong. Goins is one of the primary names of the melungeons that first settled border Virginia/North Carolina.
    Not real sure what that means, but if we are tracing roots on where our ancestors settled or came from I'm not real sure I'm white either.

Last time I saw him he looked pretty Caucasian , or if anything maybe lumbee.

I had to look melungeons up......tri racial?

Aren't we all mutts?

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

Maestro you 'ol horndog, where you been hidin yourself ? Ya' missed me updating Thurs night before I headed for Lernerville, was telling drano that between you, Leebo, Papermen, Slick, and the always inebriated Rob Selle how much fun it was back in the day with all you guys chiming in while I was going 110 MPH to keep u guys updated.

And yes, women handing out trophies was always a treat to watch or when Tim Richmond accidentally grabbed a woman by her left breast at Pocono to keep from falling forward after kissing all those Union 76 sweethearts. Those were the wonderful days of trophy celebrations. But the funniest sh*t I ever saw personally was when the massively buxom "Morganna" ( remember her ? ) sneaked up and grabbed David Pearson by the butt at the Daytona Firecraker race in '71 and he about choked on his cigarette

You may be but I'm not! LOL! His cousin, Jimmy Goins, was Lumbee tribal chief some years back. I haven't seen or heard Duane in a long time but he was a good announcer at one time. years ago, when I did see him. He really helped lots of small tracks over the years when they would put on a bigger than normal unsanctioned race. If he was hired to be the announcer. with a few weeks leeway, by race time, everybody in the region knew of the race. If you were expecting 25 cars for your "big" race, 35 or 40 would show up on race day because Duance would call them on the phone and persuade them to come. He knew all of them. He was also knowledgable about racing and race cars because he was once a late model driver (many didn't know that). Announcers, to me, should give me a good introduction to the drivers and then, as far as I am concerned, pack their microphone and go home. I've never been to a track that when the racing started, could I hear a darn thing! I always thought Duane Goins was good for racing and did a good job when I was in attendance but as I said, it's been years since I've seen him. Maybe he has changed. I have. I'm getting old as dirt.

"grabbed a woman by her left breast at Pocono to keep from falling"

I would be pleased to know a woman whose breasts could be mistakened for a grab bar!

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

yeah, he was on top of his car sitting talking with Punch after getting doused with champagne and he had all the girls line up to give him a kiss and he kinda fell forward from all the wetness and grabbed her breast when she was leaning in to kiss him. So to keep from falling he starts yucking it up laughing and telling her how sorry he was, she thought it was cute, so no problem. Accident or not, it was quite hilarious to say the least. The last time I spoke to Tim he always got quite a laugh out of that.

But you're right jog, sometimes accidents happen in the heat of a victory celebration, even if it IS used for a grab bar.

LOL! Richmond probably nailed her that night! Guarantee you he nailed somebody.

Well, I wouldn't know jog, him and I never talked about who we were sharing our time with as for females, but wherever he went, it was like an Elvis sighting, there was always girls who knew who he was. He told me once that he wished he had ten bucks for every autograph he had given, and yes, a few ladies had interesting body parts that they wanted him to sign too. I will always believe this fact that " Tim was and will forever be the Elvis of Nascrap racing " with Fred Lorenzen as a close second.
    Last edited by MontanaMagic1619*; 06-28-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    You may be but I'm not! LOL! His cousin, Jimmy Goins, was Lumbee tribal chief some years back. I haven't seen or heard Duane in a long time but he was a good announcer at one time. years ago, when I did see him. He really helped lots of small tracks over the years when they would put on a bigger than normal unsanctioned race. If he was hired to be the announcer. with a few weeks leeway, by race time, everybody in the region knew of the race. If you were expecting 25 cars for your "big" race, 35 or 40 would show up on race day because Duance would call them on the phone and persuade them to come. He knew all of them. He was also knowledgable about racing and race cars because he was once a late model driver (many didn't know that). Announcers, to me, should give me a good introduction to the drivers and then, as far as I am concerned, pack their microphone and go home. I've never been to a track that when the racing started, could I hear a darn thing! I always thought Duane Goins was good for racing and did a good job when I was in attendance but as I said, it's been years since I've seen him. Maybe he has changed. I have. I'm getting old as dirt.
    Like it or not, we are all mutts ........unless of course you can document and verify every single woman in your families lineage procreation partner was 100% Caucasian...then you may be correct.

Wasn't quite sure I could make that post respectfully enough , hope I was able to as it wasn't meant with any disrespect whatsoever.......just trying to say, none of us are pure breeds.......even though some of us act like we are.

Duane gets the word out and gets people to show up no doubt, my experience has always been that he is very vague and is very open ended with his promoting.....often leaving more questions than answers.

I don't like or dislike him, more indifferent....heard him in some downtime at screven one year a good while back, his announcing wasn't terrible at all, pretty pleasant actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Chassis and motor are a big part of the sport. Whats the deal with Duane Goins? I have heard him maybe 3 or 4 times over the years.
    If I am planning to buy a car, yes they are important. Otherwise, I don't care. Just my opinion, I know others are interested. Duane, as stated by another, the most annoying announcer ever.

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    If I am planning to buy a car, yes they are important. Otherwise, I don't care. Just my opinion, I know others are interested. Duane, as stated by another, the most annoying announcer ever.
    You look at other racing where all the chassis are identical (some parts even bought directly from the organizations) and you see how awful the on track racing is. Having lots of choices makes the racing better (my opinion of course)

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    Oh, not even close. That boy they called out of the grandstands to announce at Clary's one night years ago makes Goins sound like the best ever. I believe his name was Hunsucker or something like that. One thing for sure, he REALLY did suck! The regular announcer had gotten sick, I recall, and he was really fascinating to listen to because he had that southside Virginia, old English accent. I don't believe he ever returned to the booth. Hunsucker is probably the reason the joint closed down.

Quote Originally Posted by DLC View Post
    I think some have these two men mixed up..The one that I can not listen to is not white.His name is Dewayne Keith and he does the SAS .Always trying to sound like the fakeasss wrestling sh!!t
    ((((( There's absolutely NO ONE WORST THAN DEWAYNE KEITH...)))))))I've missed a few good races cause he was there.

Who was the guy reporting on sparks from the brakes as being a problem with the car? That guy needs to go. Also, no interviews after heat races. They are a waste since half the time they can't hear the questions and it's the same generic answers (this longhorn with clements power is running good can't thank the boys enough). You'll be interviewing them during the redraw anyway.