Default Florence Speedway can race with fans again, finally.

Florence Speedway

4 hrs · Shared with Public

Finally, the news everyone has been waiting for, racing is returning to Florence Speedway! Thursday, July 2nd we will be running a $5,000 to win Late Model special event and fans will be allowed to attend! We will be limited on capacity, and there will be a lot of changes from normal operations, but we will be racing! More details on the event will be posted in the next few days including the new rules for fans and crews, and advance ticket purchasing information. A lot has gone into getting to this point, so we have a few more things we need to get wrapped up before we can release all of the details.
    We also want to announce we will be racing Saturday, July 4th, and are hopeful to resume regular Saturday night racing afterwards. We are not able to release the details yet, but wanted to let people start planning.

Awesome news 👍

Great news

I'll get my tickets for it and North South.

Life is looking better.
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (PPV) & Streams ( 2 many)
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

Limited on capacity ... that could be bad news for the North/South. Glad they’re opening back up though.

We have tickets to N/S and Latham, should be interesting to see what happens. Glad they are back operating though. BTW this virus is like having a mild cold.

Most regular shows at Florence can be run on limited capacity but it's the big races that I worry about. My guess is that Florence Speedway makes the bulk of their profits on only the big races. The North/South and Latham need to have the grandstands packed. Hopefully by August this will be allowed. Also, with all of the uproar over confederate monuments, I hope it stays the North/South with both flags.

I see they have a lawsuit going against the governor and the county 👍🏻

We would’ve usually had our N/S tickets months ago, but we held off this year, until we know for sure we can go. My two favorite events every year — the N/S and World 100 — are in limbo and that sucks.

We decided to give up our North/South reserved seats that we’ve had for many years at the end of last year before the virus hit. My dad’s in his 70’s now and it’s hard on him to sit there without his seat with a back. Now with the virus thing, I don’t see him going to any races this year.