Default 2010 Rocket B\G LR 4 Link Mounts

Got asked to go look at one at the track last night, in a very ill handling B\G. It has dual row (Side By Side) looks like a mix of Rocket 2 &1 the Outter half looks like Rocket 1 and the Inner Rocket 2 with bolt in upper and lower extensions. He wants me to sort it out for him. Besides having long top bars in shortner brackets can’t say I’ve seen this customization. He bought it as a winner but got it powdercoated and I’m assuming it didn’t get put back together right. How can I figure out how to get this LR sorted has anyone seen this?

I don't know what you mean by rocket 2 mounts

It it one of their style of mounts from 2001-2008 they called them Rocket 2 style mounts BUT regardless I was wrong they are both Rocket 1 mounts side by side 7 hole bottom on one without an extension and one with extensions on top and bottom of the inner set of mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    I don't know what you mean by rocket 2 mounts

Quote Originally Posted by 7uptruckracer View Post
    It it one of their style of mounts from 2001-2008 they called them Rocket 2 style mounts BUT regardless I was wrong they are both Rocket 1 mounts side by side 7 hole bottom on one without an extension and one with extensions on top and bottom of the inner set of mounts.
    The upper extension or shortner bracket they call it, should be bolt on!

Yes after more and more research they have the two dimples under rocket I guess it’s rocket 2 brackets but regardless. They have two sets of 4 link brackets side by side I guess someone got is customized....you have one set all the way to the edge of the round tube out rigger and the other set shares the interior bracket and makes a dual row bracket. Any idea which one I should use?

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    The upper extension or shortner bracket they call it, should be bolt on!

it sounds like this car was originally a black front end car i have seen a few of them that way over the years I'm not sure if they came from rocket that way or not iirc the ones I've seen usually were mounted on the inside set. A quick call to Steve baker would clear that up. If not i would get the left to right and ride heights close and then see how the bar angles look they are usually toed in slightly.

Thanks it’s currently in the inside just they have a lot of stuff wrong. It’s definitely a B/G just never seen the brackets done like this and wanted to make sure I use the right set. I’ll call tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    it sounds like this car was originally a black front end car i have seen a few of them that way over the years I'm not sure if they came from rocket that way or not iirc the ones I've seen usually were mounted on the inside set. A quick call to Steve baker would clear that up. If not i would get the left to right and ride heights close and then see how the bar angles look they are usually toed in slightly.

John Blankenship cars had an extra set of 4 link plates on the outside of the regular plates on the lr. My buddy has one his last grey front Rockets

We are in that same area racing with connections to him. That has me wondering, could be an old car of his. I just wanna know which ones are “standard” so I can start there before I go outside the box

Quote Originally Posted by phenom08 View Post
    John Blankenship cars had an extra set of 4 link plates on the outside of the regular plates on the lr. My buddy has one his last grey front Rockets

On the car we have the inside brackets are std

Awesome!! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phenom08 View Post
    On the car we have the inside brackets are std

Not sure if you meant only the LR was doubled but if that is the case, maybe someone was using a LR brake floater thus had an outside set for that.

Ah didn’t think of that and yes it’s the LR identical brackets with upper and lower link holes just side by side

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    Not sure if you meant only the LR was doubled but if that is the case, maybe someone was using a LR brake floater thus had an outside set for that.