Default Talladega Lucas Raceday! New Info/Thoughts

It's race day here in central Alabama with the Lucas Oil Series rolling into the "Hornets Nest" for the track's biggest show ever.

New Info
    The adjacent Nascar campground on the west side of TST is open for parking only. A humongous parcel of land opened up for us. It is for parking only and not for camping. Please be respectfull of the lot, please pick up your trash.

Gates are scheduled to be open for the fans @ 1:00pm. Come early and mark your seats or spots. Remember a pit pass get's you trackside parking if you are early enough, seats with the best view, the back straight, 28-row high grandstand and all access to the facilty.

Coolers very welcome, just no glass.

Thoughts.
    TST officials opened up the Pit Gates at 2:00am. for teams to come in and park, some came from the Lucas show in Tennessee. It looks, even thought it is 10:45am while I am banging away on the keyboards the a huge car count is in the making overall.

Come early, fire up the grill, crack open a cold one and enjoy the atmosphere of our little track located in Eastboga. Feel very free to come and say hi to me, I will be in front of the tower with the mic. talking with you all. Very excited to meet new and old friends.
    We will have some give aways thruout the day/night and we will also have a 50/50 drawing the should break a TST record.

Thank you in advance for coming, it's race day baby!!!!!!!!

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

I live in MN (Cedar Lake home track), have never been to TST and most likely never will. But man, I am so excited for Late Model Mark and all the fans down at that track. I've been following the posts on this event over the past few weeks (always enjoy LML's posts), and I can tell how much this event means to everyone down there. Here's to wishing you great weather, great racing, and great fun!!

I think someone needs to start another thread about this race. There don't seem to be enough already
    Makes it easier to get information when you look at a bunch of threads

Owens for the win

Hey rdcllk, no need to be an A Hole. Why do you always gotta be an A Hole?

I’m at the back gate waiting for it to open. Marking off seats for 20 plus. It’s partly sunny, hazy, and African dusty all at once. Pop up showers are happening to the north but tend to be moving northeast. All of good for now. I’m stoked for this one.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Seats marked, headed back north to meet up with the crew. No rain at track as of now at 1:50. Pop ups just north of track moving northeast. Radar behind pop ups looks good. Several hours to race time. Track looks great!!!!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

It’s been too long, but just like I remembered it.

Cloud cover and a breeze. Best case scenario.

Went a few years back during a nascar weekend. Saw arca, xfinity, cup and 2 night of southern allstars. 5 races in 3 days was a great time.

JD won heat 1 & starts on the pole for feature. Hope it's a good one! Especially for Crow & his crew over 20!