Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    They are ignoring the wedge car bodies to write piles of stupid rules. It's worse than just killing creativity.
    We don't have the droop rule, but to put the new car up with a floor jack in our shop, we have to take the body off of it I mean we would anyways, but we have to. Even with the old car to get tongue weight on the trailer and avoid death wobble we had to hook the winch under the car instead of just hooking it to the tow loop because the nose sticks out 37 feet. If you ask me, that's silly. I'm not whining about it, we have this stuff now after years of working for it but the fact is the bodies on these cars are completely out of control. In every flavor of late models. They need to be a foot narrower at least and 2 feet shorter. The roofs should be flat also. It's like when they invented crate late models they completely gave up on holding cost in check for Supers. WoO ain't Saturday night racing but that's the DIRTCAR / UMP rule book which is Saturday night racing or at least supposed to be. There's nothing arbitrary about a 30 foot tape measure and it would be easy to tech. There's too much argument and invitation to try and cheat the droop rule.

Get a modified is probably the answer. It's the answer hundreds have already chosen too.
    Last edited by Rocky; 06-29-2020 at 01:56 AM.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

I haven't read anywhere on here about Ricky Thornton Jr or Mason Ziegler being penalized in their heat races Thursday night when checking deck heights.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    I haven't read anywhere on here about Ricky Thornton Jr or Mason Ziegler being penalized in their heat races Thursday night when checking deck heights.
    All 3 lost their heat race finish and had to run a consy , that was the penalty. Bloomer just happened to lose a motor in his consy. All 3 were treated the same.

Quote Originally Posted by busterhess View Post
    I was at the race and I was told that the only SB team that has a backup car is Ricky. That is why Scott was in flinners car. I was standing there when he tried the seat out. They had to bend it just so he could get comfy enough to even drive it for as long as he did. I also believe that it may be a Rocket not a longhorn. DOD shows him as being in a rocket also. His car blew in B main thats why he had to go to flinners car as a backup had nothing to due with WOO not letting him race his own... was just DQd from heat win.
    Ricky and Colton both have Longhorns.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

From His Twitter page:
    Colton Flinner
    @ColtonFlinner
    2016 Lucas Oil Series rookie of the year, driver of the Johns Towing, All American Framers, Randig Towing 48 Xr1 Rocket🤜🏼💥🤛🏼

From His FB page:
    Sponsors: All American Framers Paradise Vending Rocket chassis MS Shock Therapy Randig Towing Bellisarios lounge AW Beattie Career Center Stan's Transmission Rich Vox Fully Injected Crow Design On time designs Special thanks to my parents for allowing me to live my dream of racing.

If he's in a longhorn its Brand new.

Not Arguing just showing whats on his social media pages

They got a longhorn around the shut down time. Still has rockets just wanted to try something else. I don't think it's brand new. https://www.dirtondirt.com/upload/ca...jpg?1593148508
    Last edited by Dlmfan123; 06-30-2020 at 09:54 PM.

Not Sure but like I said DOD listed Bloomer as last place in a Rocket. May have very well been a Longhorn. I was there when Bloomer climbed in and I did hear on of Flinners Crew tell him not to let that big Coronet get away from him. lol

It was a Longhorn.

DoD, and other outlets for that matter, get those things wrong all the time. It's usually assumed from some earlier race or an initial entry for a series.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1