Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I assume he made 1 or 2 laps and pulled in. I haven't looked at WoO scoring to see.

Quote Originally Posted by TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN View Post
    If ya cant run w/ the big dogs then stay on the porch!
    Get in there and make us some samiches, Richie !!

Chop Chop!! Hahahahahaha

I know right. I could eat like 2 maybe 3. BLT extra mayo and maybe one with Bologna sandwich spread.

No engine rules, 12 foot wide bodies with $400 wedge noses that are mandatory, yet made of rubbermaid trash can material.... 7 pages on rear suspension that you need a degree in engineering to understand. This rules package is a big fail. Why in the h3ll don't the rules make sense? I know that they're Ray's rules and Ray has forgotten more about race cars than I'll ever know in my life but smart guys make bad decisions too.

I'll probably get flamed for that but I don't care.

Not even a zero fan but ridiculous is ridiculous.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that line over the last 35 years lol. That's what I like about Scott, he's always trying to be better. Sometimes it bites ya, sometimes you stumble upon something that enables you to kick a$$. No matter what, he can convince also his fans that he wasn't wrong. lol
    This. He is always pushing the envelope. Making the sport better.

Sooooo, does old bloomie only carry 1 car in that rig ? 2 other team cars there ? I guess they didn't want to give him a chance to win the race. What a frigid joke, but he probably sold tee shirts after all that went down.

He just wanted to test the Longhorns

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

Just got home from Sarvertown an hour ago, watched the whole video of the race I just saw in person and I'd like an opinion from people with knowledge on two things that I'm pondering.

1) What is Jason Covert's beef with Bloomquist ? At the redraw he was spouting off about cheaters because Bloomer was DQ'd in his heat so Covert could go to the redraw, but listening to him all he spewed to the lady announcer was BS and it was directed at Bloomer.

2) And the talk in the pits last night was that Bloomer's thinking about leaving the WoO because the part he was DQ'd for has been on there all year, so now they decide to DQ him for it

I think you could make an argument that WOO needs Bloomer more than Bloomer needs them. Dryden will obviously be involved. Bloomer is smart to call them out a little bit (it’s just business).

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMagic1619* View Post
    Just got home from Sarvertown an hour ago, watched the whole video of the race I just saw in person and I'd like an opinion from people with knowledge on two things that I'm pondering.

1) What is Jason Covert's beef with Bloomquist ? At the redraw he was spouting off about cheaters because Bloomer was DQ'd in his heat so Covert could go to the redraw, but listening to him all he spewed to the lady announcer was BS and it was directed at Bloomer.

2) And the talk in the pits last night was that Bloomer's thinking about leaving the WoO because the part he was DQ'd for has been on there all year, so now they decide to DQ him for it
    Maybe woo just found it or figured out what was going on?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

So then I ask you Masterbilt

" What took them so dammed long to figure it out, they've had all year " ?

So then I ask you Masterbilt

" What took them so dammed long to figure it out, they've had all year " ?
    Tech officials are usually overmatched and playing catch-up.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Yeah, that's true, about like some old tracks I used to frequent down in Podunkville or Calamity Corners

Odds are it hasn't been there all year. Bloomer has been caught gaming the droop rule several times this year. It was probably his latest attempt and it had evaded detection for a while.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

At the speed he has run all year, he certainly hasn't been the focus of tech inspectors. Easy to see how they would have missed it all year, if that is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    No engine rules, 12 foot wide bodies with $400 wedge noses that are mandatory, yet made of rubbermaid trash can material.... 7 pages on rear suspension that you need a degree in engineering to understand. This rules package is a big fail. Why in the h3ll don't the rules make sense? I know that they're Ray's rules and Ray has forgotten more about race cars than I'll ever know in my life but smart guys make bad decisions too.

I'll probably get flamed for that but I don't care.

Not even a zero fan but ridiculous is ridiculous.
    You are 100% correct. The rules are full retard.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

If you've ever seen the limiter they have to run there is no hiding anything. Theres nothing in the rules about what size bolts you use only how it must fasten and what the rubber has to be. As much as there checking this year there is no way they have never seen it. Big race last night and they finally made a big deal about it.

You're right cotton, this is the first year in quite some time that they've been docking cars after post race inspection, cars being docked two spots here, three spots there. Its getting so no matter where u finish in the heats now days, cars are being penalized a helluva lot more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by jcotton02 View Post
    If you've ever seen the limiter they have to run there is no hiding anything. Theres nothing in the rules about what size bolts you use only how it must fasten and what the rubber has to be. As much as there checking this year there is no way they have never seen it. Big race last night and they finally made a big deal about it.
    If you are alluding to a bolt bending to increase droop, it would then fail post race droop check. The measurement should take care of it. Now if it acts like a spring? 🤔
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

You're right cotton, this is the first year in quite some time that they've been docking cars after post race inspection, cars being docked two spots here, three spots there. Its getting so no matter where u finish in the heats now days, cars are being penalized a helluva lot more frequently.
    Is that I good thing or a bad (wrong) thing ? Just asking ?