Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Folks ok at Lauren’s

https://www.wyff4.com/article/4-inju...e-say/32990028 Looks like no one with life threatening injuries

Actually is amazing that someone is not killed EVERY week at a local short track. People will stand next to basically a chicken wire fence and expect it to keep a 2000 lb race car from leaving the racetrack.

People these days want others to make simple common sense decisions for them.....and when people do make those decisions for them the ones that need the common sense guidance get all pissy about it.

Anyone with an ounce of maturity and common sense knows a chain link fence isn't going to stop a race car.......yet they stand there anyway.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Were people standing next to the fence because the article I read said they were in the grand stands.

I don't know about Lauren's.....I was commenting on the post above mine about how people in general at a lot of tracks stand right up on the fence. Despite knowing better.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

BBQBoy.. we both know common sense is not found in most these days. I have seen folks at County line with their hands over their head holding onto the fence. Think for one second what would happen if a racecar hit that fence. Would not be a good situation.

Common sense has left the building folks! You have to babysit some people these days.

Prayers...

I do pay attention to where I want to sit. I like the way Monster Jam has remote shut offs in the event of anything strange and they are checked each time a truck goes out. 

Just seen this picture on Facebook

Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Omg. I just hope the folks heal quickly

That fence is there to keep you back and wasn't intended to keep anything but chickens in...

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    That fence is there to keep you back and wasn't intended to keep anything but chickens in...
    Looks that way

Where is the catch fence? I hope what’s pictured here isn’t all of it.

Wadded up under the car ?

Seen video on FB. The car left the track and drove through the fence into the grandstand area. There’s another pic of the damage to the first few rows from the car. There was one guy close to the fence that got hit. The other three were actually sitting in the grandstands in this case.

Would post pic but don’t recall how on here. This is a small section of grandstand last that’s for the outside pit area of the track at Laurens. Not general grandstand section.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/707201749694939/ Scroll down for video or not. Stay off the fences. Happens so fast.

The flimsy fence isn't the most dangerous thing at Laurens although pretty significant. Those old, wavy concrete grandstands should have fallen down many years ago!

Doesn't matter if you're at Daytona or the Chili Bowl. There's always that risk. That 1 in a million.

We had a situation like that happen at Dixieland last summer and we lucked out as well. Thankfully everybody is going to be okay. I can tell you that people standing way too close or not in the best spot is not a new phenomenon. The name I use as a screen name here was given to me by a promoter when I was working track security 25 years ago. People got too close and stood right next to sketchy fences back in the 90's too. People get excited and want to be close I get it, racing is exciting man. I can't tell if there's a little section of bleachers there. Anyways I ain't here to Monday Morning quarterback. Glad everybody is gonna be all right.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.