Does the D in Democrats stand for DUMB, as well? I certainly say so!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Does the D in Democrats stand for DUMB, as well? I certainly say so!
    They don’t actually believe in anything. They just want votes that give them powers. They want power.

Defund the police. Sure.

This stuff is going to run its course for a little while yet but even some lefties are going to be forced to come to their senses. There are plenty of left leaning mayors and governors who are jumping on the bandwagon but at some point they will realize the stupidity of this. Right now, they think they can cultivate votes from the very far left crowd but a lot of those radical protesters hate the traditional democrats just as much as the they hate the right. They are anarchists.

So yeah, defund or disband your police. Now be prepared to see business and industry also leave those cities. Burn me out once shame on me, burn me out twice ain't gonna happen. It might equate to a lot of loss in good paying jobs that some of those communities need badly. If you're not going to protect my business, why should I stay in your city?

So yeah, defund and disband your police. Now be prepared to see property values plummet. Be prepared to see the good, decent, law abiding citizens of those communities up and leave. Plenty of people who want nothing to do with living in war zone so they'll move. The bank can have the house or they can sell at a loss but get out while you can because without law and order the property values will sink.

So yeah, defund and disband your police. Now be prepared to see k-12 public schools fail further. School boards who last year were harping for more money to put police officers in schools are now telling the police to stay out of those schools. Good parents want their kids to learn. They want their kids to be in a safe place with no threats of active shooters and with no threats of constant fights and bullying. Sure, do that without the police. Some parents will move their kids to private schools and charter schools. Some parents may have learned a lot about home schooling during the shut down. As all of this happens, public education swirls down drain.

Good and decent society depends on law and order. The left has long hated the police. Liberal politicians always tried to cozy up to the police when it meant an endorsement, or a photo op. Usually to suck up to another labor union. But here's the deal. Outside of some liberal chiefs, most officers are a good bit more conservative. The police unions were not always shoe-in votes for lefties so this is the opportunity for the lefties to try and get rid of them.

The lack of response in some of these cities illustrates that law breaking will go as far as you let it go. This is where some of these city leaders failed. They never made the case to any protest as to where the line would be. Minneapolis failed big time when they let looters have the precinct. That should have been the line but they just didn't have the nerve for the fight that would have come.

Here in Wisconsin we had a liberal gay state senator get his a$$ beat badly by protesters when he tried to take a photo of them. A photo taken in a public venue and he paid for it. The groups who demand all the body cameras and squad cameras and all the transparency have their rules and it doesn't include transparency from them. Yeah, they'll mask up and go do crime in the name of social justice and when you try and photograph them, they'll put you in the hospital for it. They'll go as far as you let them go.

That's why I say this will run its course for bit yet. When a large enough majority gets sick enough of this, when enough lefties realize how much this is actually hurting them, when someone gets pushed too far and some others wind up dead. Then maybe.

Yeah defund the police because Chicago had 104 shootings in one weekend, with dozens dead. Not one of those shootings by the hand of a racist white cop. Because a young black male has a 94% chance of being killed by another young black male. Because violent crimes are way up in the largest democrat led cities. Sure that'll work.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    It might equate to a lot of loss in good paying jobs that some of those communities need badly. If you're not going to protect my business, why should I stay in your city?
    Its already happening in Seattle.

---- when someone gets pushed too far and some others wind up dead.
    Correct. It’s going to happen, more than less.

Yeah defund the police because Chicago had 104 shootings in one weekend, with dozens dead. Not one of those shootings by the hand of a racist white cop.
    With no media coverage at all. It doesn’t fit the narrative.

Now I know what my parents must have thought of some of the dumb shet I said when I was in high school ….
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream