Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lucas - Please bring back the invert wheel!

A guy ask me Saturday night at TST who I pull for. I told him I like Overton, but I really wanna see anybody 3rd on back win cause I wanna see a pass for the lead. And as fans I believe we should all feel that way. As a fan, I don’t wanna see a front row starter take off, gone, and drive off in to the sunset. Now if I was a driver, car owner, or crew member I’d hate it. But I’m a fan. And if the line drivers make it victory lanes “thank all these fans for coming out and supporting us, we couldn’t do it without you” is true, give us fans what we want and worked fine years ago. The invert wheel. The fast timer still had a 50/50 chance of Starting on the front row of their heat with the wheel. And I’d say the overwhelming majority of the time the racing improved with the faster cars a row back. And if he spun a 1 or a 2, so be it. I’d live with that. If it works for Eldora which is, like it or not, The Standard, it’d work everywhere. .....And by no means is this a shot a Jimmy Owens. I like Owens. He’s on fire and good for him. I’m just a fan that wants action. I think he’d still won at 411 and TST if he’d started 4th. But a pass for the lead would’ve added to the nights.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I love your thinking on this. Spice it up a bit. I say bring back the wheel for any race over 40 laps. Yes sir.

You likely have a better chance of seeing God in the flesh.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Im a driver and a crew guy. I'm still all for a invert.i really like handicapping at weekly shows high points guys in the back of the heat and then re handcap or invert for the feature. It does a couple of good things. Forces passing teaches the slower cars how to race with the good guys making everybody better. And every now and then some guy you never thought had a chance hits it right and runs off and hides getting their first win or rare win. Racing=passing passing=fun. If you don't like having to pass cars go drag racing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Im a driver and a crew guy. I'm still all for a invert.i really like handicapping at weekly shows high points guys in the back of the heat and then re handcap or invert for the feature. It does a couple of good things. Forces passing teaches the slower cars how to race with the good guys making everybody better. And every now and then some guy you never thought had a chance hits it right and runs off and hides getting their first win or rare win. Racing=passing passing=fun. If you don't like having to pass cars go drag racing!
    Excellent post!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Not only that, qualifying generally puts the faster cars in the front so in the heats there isn't as much passing and need for guys to move around on the track. This does/can create a very narrow track or keeps the other lane dirty where it's almost impossible to have 2 lanes. My contingency is that a pill draw will widen the track and make more lanes of racing, then the typical narrow run in fast lane until it turns black then more to moisture stripe and run there and move again. More often then not a pill draw, makes cars go all over a track.

Obviously there are time this doesn't work and tracks are one lane no matter what.

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

Not to take anything from Cade or Owens from Saturday night for starting pole, but I've always maintained that it should be an eight car redraw after the heat races, I only have one problem with WoO, instead of 4 cars for heat winners draw 1-4. my belief is that the top two finishers in heats should draw for 1-8, instead of 5-8 for second place heat competitors.

And to really make this something thats not totally confusing the fact, if there are six heats and only three qualify, the top two finishers should draw with twelve pills in the box and if the fastest drivers draws a (12), well; that's tough titty ! Pass some dam cars; show us fans your superiority on that night, earn the victory !

I've have always ( since 1996 ) and Maestro will attest to the fact, that I am a BIG proponet of different winners since I've been on 4m. This horse manuer of what is going on today is boring the hell outa' me these days.

Both national series should adopt different redraw systems, make it challenging to (all ) drivers, not just two

And jking and dirt crow, yes, very excellent posts, I concur with everything you two fella's posted !!
    Last edited by MontanaMagic1619*; 06-29-2020 at 02:45 PM.

I like your thinking but Lucas would never go to pill draw heat line up. It’d be awesome but no. Maybe a regional series will again one day.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Post 8 directed at birdcage. I hate you can’t edit on here anymore, or it’ll let you 1 time out of 30. .........thanks Montana.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Do a dash race with top 8 for starting spots (another idea)

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

I know, they like the domination factor, don't they ? Back in my day, they usta' tear guys down and put out those good ol fashioned bountys on drivers if they won three in a row. But that's fine crow, if they ( Lucas and WoO ) just wait, when there crowds start hitting them where it hurts in their bottom line and T-shirt sales, THEN, maybe they'll listen to us right minded fans !
    Light My Fire / Doors
    Rooster / Alice in Chains
    Don't You Forget About Me / Simple Minds

They still bounties. Maybe not on the national touring series though.

Dirt crow: No they won't, but see how well the silver dollar nationals works out every year?

I understand that the big names is why Lucas gets the attention/money and have to curtail to their wants and I understand why they prefer qualifying and heads up racing. The problem is with doing that you don't often bring in new racers and when the top teams inevitably run out of money and quit (like they been doing of the last 10 years) they won't have anyone left to race, then where are they at.

I mean you have to be realistic: Who puts more butts in the seats? Owen's (pick any top name here) or 5 to 10 locals? problem is eventually you only have the big names left and all of them can't race forever or eventually struggle to make ends meat and have to quit. So there is a short term reason they cater to the large names.

I have a better idea. Lucas should schedule better tracks you can actually race on. I think places like Bulls Gap, 411, Talladega, Fayettville, Lancaster, Cherokee, Smoky Mountain, etc.. are all the same hard to pass tracks that make time trials the most important 2 laps you run all night.

The racing in the northeast and midwest is just better and its not because of any format change, it's simply because the tracks are better and the drivers can actually race on them.

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    I have a better idea. Lucas should schedule better tracks you can actually race on. I think places like Bulls Gap, 411, Talladega, Fayettville, Lancaster, Cherokee, Smoky Mountain, etc.. are all the same hard to pass tracks that make time trials the most important 2 laps you run all night.

The racing in the northeast and midwest is just better and its not because of any format change, it's simply because the tracks are better and the drivers can actually race on them.
    Yep Cade Dillard rallied all the way from the pole to lead every lap at Lernerville, SC.... I mean PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    You likely have a better chance of seeing God in the flesh.
    LOL ... yep

Great to see Montanamagic back on here and you are correct these formats blow no invert train racing for the woo late models and sprints and summernationals and lucas series they need to draw and make them race all night no qualifying , i have train tracks a mile north and south of my house can watch that show for free anyday of the week. This is why you never let the drivers input on making the rules the bodies are out of control and the right front wheel needs to be back in line with right rear and a simple 4 bar suspension is all thats needed loosen them up and make them race slot car rules are not helping the sport. Been saving a lot of money not going anymore for the past several years once or twice to watch reminds me why i quit going now only to meet some friends and have a nice dinner on the trip.

There are plenty of tracks you can’t pass on up north and even worse is how many months those same tracks are closed due to Mother Nature.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Yep Cade Dillard rallied all the way from the pole to lead every lap at Lernerville, SC.... I mean PA.
    To be fair mother nature played a major role in that race

Inverts are why eldora is so entertaining imo
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels