Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eldora

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    I dont see them doing limited capacity as they sold over that capacity as it is so who you going to tell no to? I see it being like PDC all or nothing deal. Which sucks but it is what it is.
    I'm not sure how they would determine tickets for limited capacity, but I did read that they tried to get the Kings Royal approved through the state of Ohio with 17% capacity.

Knoxville Nationals for Sprints is a no go also now

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Knoxville Nationals for Sprints is a no go also now
    Moved back a year (to 2021). They are limited to 7000 fans. They tried to get approval for 12,000 (number of tickets already sold), but could not get it approved with covid-19 cases increasing in almost all states.

Still going to run the 360's though

They are also running WoO sprint cars for 3 of the 4 nights that the Nationals would have taken place with a limit of 7,000 fans.

I apologize up front for posting this on the dirt late model board but it fits the overall theme of the thread so all you meanies please don't verbally crucify poor lil' ol' me.

Penske was given the go ahead for the Indianapolis 500 to be run with 50% spectator capacity on August 23rd. IIRC Indy, completely sold out, can hold up to 350,000 people so 50% capacity would total up to around 175,000. I received an email a couple of days ago that indicated that I would be entitled to 1/2 the seats included with my usual ticket order. I received our full ticket order in the mail back in April. Those tickets are useless now and IMS will be sending new tickets that will be good for entry of the rescheduled August 23rd running of the 500 so they must be quite certain it's going to happen the way they have it planned.

If Penske can get the State of Indiana to allow 175,000 at Indy surely Ohio would allow 15,000 at Eldora (Wikipedia shows Eldora to hold 30,000 spectator's) in September. Maybe, maybe not. Given the way things are going I'm getting worried about the 4 Crown at Eldora.

Doesn't sound encouraging for September.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Funny news used to cover # of deaths now they cover # of cases. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out cases will go up the more testing that’s done. The death rate is plummeting but let’s just not talk about that either. Tony Stewart doesn’t want the bad press (he’s had enough for a lifetime) so who knows what will happen in September.

One factor that’s very important at Eldora: their alcohol license. Don’t believe they want to put that in jeopardy by upsetting the local/state governments.
    Just a thought.