Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eldora

Default Eldora

Kings Royal is a no go in 2020. Guessing the World 100 will be in jeopardy also soon

Move it south. Way south. East Bay. . Florida isn’t a communist state yet. 😜

Eldora submitted a re-seating reserved seat plan that was 17% capacity- Ohio Government rejected it.

I think Stewart is seriously caught up in this covid 19 thing and won’t risk anything. (For better or worse)

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Eldora submitted a re-seating reserved seat plan that was 17% capacity- Ohio Government rejected it.
    Wow. Unreal but I certainly believe it.

Call the race a peaceful protest and race. This is an absolute joke. I am surprised the race tracks did not jump on the lawsuit with Kings Island and Cedar Point or with the Kalahari water park lawsuit.

I know that Shadybowl which is outside of Sidney can have 2,000 fans but they get normally 1,000 a night and they are running a 3 day race this weekend with camping and all. Also Atomic had a huge crowd and they ran and Oakshade is running with no limits and also Sandusky is running. Eldora, Limaland, and Waynesfield are the only tracks that I know of that are not running. I heard that the other tracks got the go ahead from their county health department and never asked the Governor.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    I know that Shadybowl which is outside of Sidney can have 2,000 fans but they get normally 1,000 a night and they are running a 3 day race this weekend with camping and all. Also Atomic had a huge crowd and they ran and Oakshade is running with no limits and also Sandusky is running. Eldora, Limaland, and Waynesfield are the only tracks that I know of that are not running. I heard that the other tracks got the go ahead from their county health department and never asked the Governor.
    But Tony Stewart is covid nervous about his reputation (my thought) so as a fan I’d say I’m going somewhere else to watch races for the next year or two.

The way the Eldora track is prepped to be like a paved track (they might as well pave it and run pavement cars on it) My 2 cents on Eldora now a days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    The way the Eldora track is prepped to be like a paved track (they might as well pave it and run pavement cars on it) My 2 cents on Eldora now a days.
    You want it like the old days where they just followed each other around the top?

Just my humble opinion
    Last edited by Rajflyboy; 06-30-2020 at 08:29 AM.

When your worth millions, literally, you dont take stupid risks.

Seriously doubt there will be a World 100 this year.

Just say no...

So the Ohio health department said peaceful crowds are banned, but mass protests, riots, looting, and destruction of property is completely acceptable. Got it. Sounds like something liberals would say.

Zoos and amusement parks are opening back up this week, and he supports the protesting. They should just file a lawsuit like kings island did.

Yesterday we called and asked why u cant buy GA tickets, or pit passes for The World online now. We were told right now they are trying to figure out July and havent got to September yet. When we asked if they had discussed anything related to limited capacity or anything because alot of fans have already paid for lodging, vacation time at work, etc.., we were told that it would most likely be like the dream.. all or none. Was disappointed to hear that, because then hours later was when we heard about the revised seating plan that was denied. I've come to the conclusion I better cancel my plans for September, cause I'm pretty sure none of us will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by 1forthe$ View Post
    Yesterday we called and asked why u cant buy GA tickets, or pit passes for The World online now. We were told right now they are trying to figure out July and havent got to September yet. When we asked if they had discussed anything related to limited capacity or anything because alot of fans have already paid for lodging, vacation time at work, etc.., we were told that it would most likely be like the dream.. all or none. Was disappointed to hear that, because then hours later was when we heard about the revised seating plan that was denied. I've come to the conclusion I better cancel my plans for September, cause I'm pretty sure none of us will be there.
    I've already accepted the fact that this will be the first year since 09' that I haven't been to Eldora.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    When your worth millions, literally, you dont take stupid risks.Seriously doubt there will be a World 100 this year.
    . Yep and also why the fans should move on to tracks that ARE racing

You're right, it's over two months from now. But unfortunately there's a small chance the World 100 happens with full capacity. If professional sports are losing billions of dollars by being told they can't have fans, a dirt track in Ohio will suffer the same problem. Could they run at 25 percent capacity or something along those lines, maybe.

I dont see them doing limited capacity as they sold over that capacity as it is so who you going to tell no to? I see it being like PDC all or nothing deal. Which sucks but it is what it is.