Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

When they became Scott Bloomquist chassis. It wasn't scott's design. They were built at Randy's shop.

Dirtcrazy4u

You are way out in left field on your above post. Nowhere near a correct statement!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    SB racing. Randy Sweet was the genius behind the chassis. Does anyone doubt that ? Scott was the wheelman, and yes a darn good one. Together they were very very good. The passing of Randy Sweet has clearly shown he's struggling. The departure of Cody also hurt, yes you can call Cody a train wreck, but the guy knows what a car needs. Ask Jimmy Owens. If all these financial issues are facts, it only makes sense why Summers was brought in along with Drydene. Scott is like that old dog, you can have all those great ideas of how we are going to do things, but that old dog just looks at you and says not today.
    i think your last sentence would apply more to CJ Rayburn than bloomer , i feel for sure if its a good idea , bloomer will listen.....JMO....

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Don't think Eckert would be that excited to drive a bloomquist chassis at the moment. He's having more success now than he has had the past 10-15 years in an XR1, even if that means kicking the crap out of regional drivers.
    Eckert still has a brand new complete bloomquist car he never raced sitting in his shop so....

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Eckert still has a brand new complete bloomquist car he never raced sitting in his shop so....
    Doesn't that kind of tell you what you need to know?

Looks like Drydene sponsorship to continue backing/working with Madden.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Looks like Drydene sponsorship to continue backing/working with Madden.
    But, he's not gonna be behind the wheel anytime soon hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    But, he's not gonna be behind the wheel anytime soon hahahaha
    Gonna sponsor his sons baseball team lol

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Dirtcrazy4u You are way out in left field on your above post. Nowhere near a correct statement!
    And the correct info is ???????

Scott started building Bloomquist Chasis years ago at his shop in Mooresburg after he left Warrior Chasis. He hired Bruce Nunley who was the primary Chasis fabricator at Warrior/Goddard. Bruce fabricated are Scott’s shop for a couple of years before leaving to start his own business in Knoxville, -Brucebuilt Performance. After that the crew guys were building the cars as well as their other duties in the shop and at the track. Some drivers using these were Dan Sleiper, Erick Wells, John Blankenship, Jimmy Owens, Wolfenbarger Brothers our of Knoxville, Kerry Jones, GR Smith, Chris Madden, Rick Eckert, Jonathan Davenport and many others. These cars were built in Mooresburg before Randy Sweet became a partner with Bloomer. Randy came on board and the Chasis were renamed Seeet/Bloomquist and the manufacturing took place at Sweet’s shop because of their facility and also they had the manpower. Now-after Randy Sweet’s death- they are being built back in Mooresburg on a very limited basis because of manpower. If anyone wants to research how many years bloomer has been building Chasis and how many of those years Randy Sweet was associated with the Chasis brand (Sweet/Bloomquist)— feel free to look it up.
    All I am saying : some of these post are incorrect in saying Scott didn’t build them and Randy was always doing the manufacturing/design. Ask Jimmy Owens where his cars came from when he won all the Lucas Oil Championships.
    Heck- even the last few years Scott was racing a Warrior Chasis- his cars were different from the generic Warrior. They were called “Black Magic” and were more exspensive.
    Not a big bloomer fan the past few years(for reasons other than racing) but just want to give some credit where credit is due. Be it as it is as his character/drama/ personal life issues or whatever: he is a racing mastermind -a merchandising genius-pretty dang good wheelman- and the record books speak for themselves.

Now you all crucify me as you will!

Thank you, no need to crucify anybody

Foxfire. I stand corrected. I thought after Scott left warrior it then became a partnership with randy sweet. ? It reads like you have a understanding of what has/is happening in Mooresburg.

Yep-it’s not very far away! Have known the bloomer since he relocated to East Tennessee from California.
    Raced against him when he was racing local stuff. It’s been a wild roller coaster ride watching his career over these last many years. Lots of highs & lots of lows. From the cutis Equipment & horsy pressure washer sponsorship days with a dualities & open wheel trailer- to the Barry Wright stuff then leaving that to start everything from scratch with the number 0. The thing most people don’t realize is for many-many years he had a very small shop that would barely fit 3 cars with little room between them. Nothing like the massive complex he now has.
    I was hoping that with the time off last year he would have some time to reflect on his situation as to where he was at & what direction to take moving forward. But seems like it is going to take more than the motorcycle accident to “wake him up” on the personal side of life. Away from the track he is a very friendly/polite guy- but the racetrack is where most people see him and form their opionions.
    Myself- some of his life choices have left me very disappointed- but hey it’s not my life & who am I to judge him?
    One thing for sure: it doesn’t matter if people like or hate him- he certainly gets everyone’s attention. I think he will be missed in the sport of dirt racing after he hangs the helmet up- (if he lives that long).Kinda like Dale Sr. -love or hate or just somewhere neutral in the middle- people watch him.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Gonna sponsor his sons baseball team lol
    That would be cool.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I've been a Bloomquist fan for 26 years and I've never seen them at this low a point. It appears that finances, personal life and other factors have hit Scott hard. I'd love to see him stop worrying with the chassis business, as it seems its not really much of a business at this point and focus on winning. Maybe even try to hook back up with Barry Wright. He had some amazing years when him and Barry were working together.

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    I've been a Bloomquist fan for 26 years and I've never seen them at this low a point. It appears that finances, personal life and other factors have hit Scott hard. I'd love to see him stop worrying with the chassis business, as it seems its not really much of a business at this point and focus on winning. Maybe even try to hook back up with Barry Wright. He had some amazing years when him and Barry were working together.
    I agree, I know the chassis business is supposed to be a post driving plan, but I don't see it working out with Sweet gone. A reunion with Barry or with Warrior would probably do some good. I am not a Bloomer fan at all, but the sport is a better place with him in it.

I think the problem is that its to easy for new drivers in this sport to get up to speed. If you got money you can buy your way now....you dont have to work,learn and earn it you just go buy it now some cases that aint trure ,,,sometimes money cant buy god given talent....but this makes it hard on the guys that have been in the sport for a while.....

ALSO BLOOMER HAS HAD THINGS THAT HELPED HIM WIN TAKEN AWAY SAY LIKE THE OPEN TIRE RULE HE WAS A MASTER AT PICKING THE RIGHT TIRE THAT SKILL WAS TAKEN AWAY ,SCOTT CAN BEAT YOU OFF THE TRACK WITH HIS MIND TOO....I WAS ONCE TOLD HE HAD DOUBLE TIRES IN EVERY COMPOUND PEOPLE WATCH HIM LIKE A HAWK SO HE WOULD CHANGE TIRE SOOO EVRYONE WOULD SAY SCOTTS GOING HARDER ON TIRES GUESS WHAT SAME (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) SAME TIRE COMPOUND JUST DIFF TIRE HA HA...

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    I wonder if Drydene $ had 3 cars on the tour as a stipulation
    https://twitter.com/teamdrydene/stat...703102977?s=21

I look forward to seeing Madden at Lancaster a few more times this year with the Drydene sponsorship.