Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

JabberJaws83

Scott & Barry are very good friends with mutual respect for each other.
    Warrior was sold by the Goddard family to the King family of Seymour, Tn -they are not really relevant anymore other than a small handful of locals.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    JabberJaws83

Scott & Barry are very good friends with mutual respect for each other.
    Warrior was sold by the Goddard family to the King family of Seymour, Tn -they are not really relevant anymore other than a small handful of locals.
    Yeah, I knew the Goddard's sold it (to an employee I believe). Just thought the pairing could go a long way to helping each other out (design and someone who can build the cars)

https://www.facebook.com/WarriorRaceCars/ Looks like Warrior chsssis is still going strong

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/WarriorRaceCars/ Looks like Warrior chsssis is still going strong
    strong is probably the wrong term.

Still good to see their product out there 👍

Pennsboro32

You are 100% correct- “strong” is the wrong word- maybe “small” would be better. No offense to the Warrior group!

A Bloomquist/Warrior combo could be interesting...especially with the McDowells in the fold and Dale’s history with Warrior.

McDowell is in the Team Zero camp. Shane’s shop is at Scott!s shop. Bloomer don’t have the manpower to build a lot of cars right now- but probably building more than Warrior.
    I am clueless as to why anyone would think he would go back to Warrior. Please explain the logic on that thinking. Ryan King is the biggest name they have in Super Late Models.

Quote Originally Posted by crownman25 View Post
    ALSO BLOOMER HAS HAD THINGS THAT HELPED HIM WIN TAKEN AWAY SAY LIKE THE OPEN TIRE RULE HE WAS A MASTER AT PICKING THE RIGHT TIRE THAT SKILL WAS TAKEN AWAY ,SCOTT CAN BEAT YOU OFF THE TRACK WITH HIS MIND TOO....I WAS ONCE TOLD HE HAD DOUBLE TIRES IN EVERY COMPOUND PEOPLE WATCH HIM LIKE A HAWK SO HE WOULD CHANGE TIRE SOOO EVRYONE WOULD SAY SCOTTS GOING HARDER ON TIRES GUESS WHAT SAME (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) SAME TIRE COMPOUND JUST DIFF TIRE HA HA...
    A few years ago a friend of mine had outqualified Scott and had him directy behind him in practice. He got psyched out (he admitted to it) and knocked the front spindle off of his car. I told him later look man I know that you're a young driver and he's a legend, but he's also just a man and you're a good shoe. You gotta just drive your race. As if I'm some kind of expert or something LOL. There are few that have the kind of mystique that's associated with one Scott Bloomquist.

Off the quoted part on to the idea that the rules were set up to favor of fit Rocket Chassis better than the other cars. Yes, of course they were. 90 percent of late models out there are Rocket. You'd be foolish NOT TO DO THAT. You ever read a street stock rule book? They pay a little bit of lip service to Ford and for some reason Dodge even though MOPARs at dirt tracks are like Bigfoot sightings. The motor rules are all about Chevy, all the time. Same deal here. You have to worry the most about most of your people. It's just business.

Chris Madden leaving Bloomquist? I mean yeah, Chris is kind of a guy that moves rides, why would he stay somewhere where he's not getting the results? Especially if they're trying to run vs the best cars in the country with barely enough equipment to even make the show the next night if anything at all goes wrong.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Scott can put his black magic on any chassis to get the best from it.

That’s like saying Jeff Gordon is still winning races. Scott time has passed winning a bunch of races. He will still win a couple here and there but winning 15-20races a year are over. His motorcycle accident did him no favors at slowing the rest of his career up.

I think you are right about that. Chassis building is what I see in the future for Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I think you are right about that. Chassis building is what I see in the future for Scott
    I don’t think he can organize enough to make a full fledged business out of it. Cody would have to take over the whole chassis side most likely. And then have to pay people.......

Foxfire, quotes not working. Prior to dale running Scott's cars they ran warriors for quite a few years with alot of success. That being said dale and Shane would get the cars with no mounting points on them and put their own mounts so they weren't true warriors either. Very similar situation to the black magic cars. I believe the idea behind him getting hooked up with warrior would be to gain some manpower and production capabilities again now that sweet is gone. The only problem i see with this is i don't know that warrior is any better off in that department with goddard selling to Mike and Mike pretty much trying to revamp the business from scratch. I do beleive it could be a good move long term because bloomquist needs a (Steve baker) type of guy dealing with customers if he ever wants to sell any cars. Rocket is the power house they are because of two people and i don't think they could be with out both of them. I have dealt with him personally and Mike knuckles could be that guy. He is very professional and cares about helping racers.

Jking24...nailed it. Warrior is far from relevant on the national scene at this point, but they do have quite the history in the sport. In all Dale’s and Shane’s years of racing, I have never known them to burn bridges or damage relationships along the way...they place a lot of value on their reputation. Though Dale no longer runs a Warrior, and as you stated it is no longer owned by the Goddard family, I have no reason to believe that the Kings or anybody at Warrior wouldn’t be happy to take a phone call from the McDowells anytime. The racing knowledge and experience in the Team Zero camp could be extremely beneficial for Warrior, and a solid head in the Warrior camp could prove beneficial for any future Bloomquist chassis building endeavors. Will it happen?...who the heck knows. But is it an intriguing thing to discuss?...absolutely.

for me looking at the outside looking in it would be hard not to hook up with brucebuilt, they have had a relationship before (he has built scotts cars before and knows how scott can be) then he can farm out the chassis and parts that have to be fabricated
    this would help both like stated, brucebuilt able to build and sell some cars, also keep up with damaged cars, repairs, and tech
    then all scott and team has to do is race, the infrastructure would be there for the support needed, but if they don't fix that, there isn't any good coming ahead, they won't be able to get the cars fixed or built
    Last edited by grt74; 07-03-2020 at 02:03 PM.

Scott Bloomquist will never have a greatly successful chassis business as long as he is still actively racing. There's no way he is going to climb in another chassis at this point. You either get out of the seat and work on building cars or you have what you have and you see the issues with scott. There is no way he is going to devote shop time to a customers car as long as there's anything that needs to be addressed on his personal car. No way.

Scott wants to have his cake and eat it to. To be successful in business what comes first. CUSTOMERS. Now you no the rest of the story.

One thing that hurts Scott from getting welders/fabricators is: 20 miles from his shop Osh Kosh has a new manufacturing plant. They employ several hundred people with the majority of them welders. Decent starting pay WITH BENEFITS. To compound the problem -currently 15 miles away is a new factory being built by a Belgium Company that will be manufacturing busses. I think about 1,400 employees with the majority fabricators/welders/assembly. These jobs will pay quite a bit more than Osh Kosh. The younger generation don’t want these type jobs- they want to be in an office or at home on a computer. Skilled trades are disappearing rapidly even tho one can make a good respectable income.
    Yes, Bruce at Brucebuilt would be a good combo-I just don’t see Scott joining forces with anyone. That part of Team Zero is the plans after he retires from driving. Cody is a businessman and at Scott’s age he knows they have to be viable down the road.

Bloomer isn’t done they will figure out the droop rule and he will once again be a threat everywhere they unload. Sounds like they also stretched operations too thin to me
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    for me looking at the outside looking in it would be hard not to hook up with brucebuilt, they have had a relationship before (he has built scotts cars before and knows how scott can be) then he can farm out the chassis and parts that have to be fabricatedthis would help both like stated, brucebuilt able to build and sell some cars, also keep up with damaged cars, repairs, and techthen all scott and team has to do is race, the infrastructure would be there for the support needed, but if they don't fix that, there isn't any good coming ahead, they won't be able to get the cars fixed or built
    Except for that part about Bruce and Blankenship getting pissed off and stealing a new front-end design from Scott, taking it to Rocket to be known as the "Orange" front end. If that dude walked on that property again, I'd wager he wouldn't walk out.