Default Rockcastle Speedway KY roll call Friday night 2k to win super race

A new track in KY opened up this year called Rockcastle Speedway in Mt Vernon Ky. I am from the area and plan to make my first ever trip to the track Friday night for their special 2k to win super late model race. Anybody know of any drivers that CDC would possibly show Friday night?

This a totally brand new track or one that operated under different names in the past?

It was black top and now it’s either changed ownership or promoters or something like that and is back to dirt surface. Hope they have decent turn out Friday night

Just saw where victor lee plans to be there

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    This a totally brand new track or one that operated under different names in the past?
    The track was originally built as a dirt track. I believe the original name was Rockcastle County Raceway. The earliest Aerial photo i could find was 1983. The track shut down and sat unused for many years, then reopened as an asphalt track, then operated for a few years as a "club track", then back to operating as an asphalt track under the name Rocket Speedway until being covered with dirt this year.
    Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird73 View Post
    The track was originally built as a dirt track. I believe the original name was Rockcastle County Raceway. The earliest Aerial photo i could find was 1983. The track shut down and sat unused for many years, then reopened as an asphalt track, then operated for a few years as a "club track", then back to operating as an asphalt track under the name Rocket Speedway until being covered with dirt this year.
    Yes that is what I understand

went to that place back when it was dirt...they had giant boulders in the middle of the track! wasn't very wide racing surface back then. rocket track looks pretty nice from photos, with dirt on it could be pretty nice.

we ran there in 1981-82 with bobby carnes. ran against fats coffey ...hope the road back to the track is a little better.

What a race! My new favorite track in central/eastern KY

Any full results?

How far is the track from the interstate?

You turn onto back road right after you get off the interstate and it’s about 4 miles. Awesome racing last night. 3 different grooves

The only pass under competition after the first lap was on the last lap coming out of turn 4 when the leader got a flat and the 1x car passed him coming to the finish. The turns are too narrow for much passing, even under lap car conditions the leaders could barely leave the bottom/mid groove. It was just too narrow.

clearly EddieBuck either wasn't at the track or he was watching some other track on his phone. I was passed high and low and passed cars high and low so not sure where or what he watched.