Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racing in Ohio

Default Racing in Ohio

I was reading where Eldora was turned down for a race with
    limited fans. If thats true and the World in september does not allow fans again,
    I was wondering if the DTWC would be ran or not in october

If not allowed would it be possible that Carl might move it
    to a track in WV or KY, Tn ?
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (PPV) & Streams ( 2 many)
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

Interesting enough, I had these same thoughts. If so, I think they would have to make a decision very very soon. Would be cool to see the DTWC at Tyler County, Smokey Mountain, or somewhere.

If prp is able to have a regular Lucas show this weekend I don't see why they wouldn't be able to have the dtwc. I think eldora is trying to play by the rules and everybody else doesn't give a fu@k. The week of the King's royal Attica is having the Brad Doty classic

Yep I've never been to either but would rather go
    to Tyler Co. just cause its smaller, but do they have
    enough room for it?

I thought maybe Florence would make a good replacement.
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

Eldora is labeled as a large venue like basepark stadiums etc. So right now, they aren't allowed anybody in the stands. Other tracks in Ohio are having races with fans, and the Ohio Sprint Week is next week now. PRP is having a $15,554 to win All Star race on July 10th so I would imagine the DTWC would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    If prp is able to have a regular Lucas show this weekend I don't see why they wouldn't be able to have the dtwc. I think eldora is trying to play by the rules and everybody else doesn't give a fu@k. The week of the King's royal Attica is having the Brad Doty classic
    PRP will get a huge crowd this week but NOTHING like the DTWC.
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

I hope it does happen.
    I've had tickets for last 5 years.
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Eldora sits 20,000+, it's no different than a professional sports venue. They have a ton to lose if things went wrong. You're right that PRP is likely going to be fine, however I just thought it was cool to think of a new venue in case the Ohio governor steps in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Eldora sits 20,000+, it's no different than a professional sports venue. They have a ton to lose if things went wrong. You're right that PRP is likely going to be fine, however I just thought it was cool to think of a new venue in case the Ohio governor steps in.
    East Bay makes me happy 😜

Quote Originally Posted by DLC View Post
    Yep I've never been to either but would rather go
    to Tyler Co. just cause its smaller, but do they have
    enough room for it?

I thought maybe Florence would make a good replacement.
    I think they would have enough room, especially now, with the new aluminum bleachers that sits 6,000. Pit parking would be no problem either. I could get use to going to Tyler County the third weekend in October to watch the DTWC.

I could be wrong on this but I think in Ohio a lot of this is being based off of the county the track sits in. I know several of the tracks are opening in Ohio and have had big crowds obviously not the size of a World 100 crowd or DTWC but at least we're getting to see some racing.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Muskingum for DTWC?

Quote Originally Posted by PRCKartRacer9 View Post
    Muskingum for DTWC?
    I don't think they have the seating capacity do they?

Muskingum's max capacity for the Lucas Oil race Friday night is 2,500. No way Carl Short would move it there.I'd say they will wait until after Saturday's Lucas Oil race to determine if the DTWC can be held at Portsmouth. But there's no reason it shouldn't. It'll be standing room only Saturday night.

Yep and I will be one of the first there sat
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I’d like to see the DTWC back in WV. Tyler or I-77 would provide good racing, but likely could not handle the crowd. PRP is kind of meh for racing quality. Too many rubbered up races in the past there. Personally, if they don’t go back to WV I’d give Lawrenceburg another shot. The one race there was good, even though it was a daytime race.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

X2 on the “Burg”

Quote Originally Posted by TTS_JF View Post
    I could be wrong on this but I think in Ohio a lot of this is being based off of the county the track sits in. I know several of the tracks are opening in Ohio and have had big crowds obviously not the size of a World 100 crowd or DTWC but at least we're getting to see some racing.
    I believe you're correct. It all started with the brushcreek ruling of a driver plus 3. And if you remember the 7500 to win atomic race that got rained out had to okay that with the Ross county board of health before they could run the race. Everything changed shortly after that of course.

My mind is totally made up. If the 50th World doesn’t happen, we bomb the absolute pi$s outta China.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Hard to argue DC! Funny how media covers up a literal attack on all nations - because since China got it (created it and screwed up and it got out) everyone else had to get it too.