FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 30, 2020

Johnny Scott Doubles Down in Lucas Oil MLRA Action
Independence Weekend Racing Ahead for Scott Brothers

LAS CRUCES, N.M. (06/30/20) – Johnny Scott topped a pair of Lucas Oil Midwest Late Model Racing Association (MLRA) events over the weekend.

Scott drove his Rancho Milagro Racing No. 1ST Mesilla Valley Transportation/ Rocket Chassis to $5,000 victories on Wednesday at Lucas Oil Speedway (Wheatland, Mo.) and on Saturday at Salina Highbanks Speedway (Pryor Creek, Okla.).

Drawing 36 cars for the Midweek Mayhem at Lucas Oil Speedway, Johnny followed up the fourth fastest time in his qualifying group with a second-place finish in his heat behind Jesse Stovall.

Starting the feature in eighth, Scott tracked down race-leader Payton Looney in the closing laps, sliding ahead with two-to-go to record his first win of the season and first career MLRA victory. Topping Looney, Jesse Stovall, Garrett Alberson, and Jeremy Grady at the line, Scott earned a $5,000 payday.

"I kept brushing my nose down there on them (infield) tires, and if I could hit it just right I could get a heck of a run," Scott said. "I gotta thank my crew, we have been working our butts off to get these things up front. We have been trying to follow that Lucas Oil tour and them guys have been beating on us hard, so we just came to run this deal this week to get some more experience. This is just my second night out in this XR1 and I gotta thank Mark Richards for all his help."

The following night in a field of 33 MLRA entries at Outlaw Motor Speedway (Oktaha, Okla.), Johnny topped the speed charts in time trials before placing second in his heat behind Jake Neal.

Starting the $3,000-to-win A-Main in sixth, Scott charged through the field four spots to register a runner-up finish behind Jesse Stovall with Chad Simpson, Will Vaught, and Justin Duty rounding out the Top-5.

As Johnny followed the MLRA to Salina Highbanks Speedway for the two-day ARMI Freedom Classic, Stormy entered Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) action at 411 Motor Speedway (Seymour, Tenn.) for the Tennessee’s Action Track 50.

Drawing 38 cars, Stormy fell short of a transfer position in his heat with a sixth-place finish, transferring him into the B-Main. Needing a third-place finish or better to make the show, Stormy came one spot shy with a fourth-place outing.

During the same night at Salina Highbanks Speedway, Johnny secured his spot into the $3,000-to-win A-Main with a 10-lap heat race victory. Gaining two spots in the 30-lapper, Scott notched a runner-up finish behind Payton Looney with Chad Simpson, Jeremiah Hurst, and Logan Martin completing the Top-5 finishers.

At Talladega Short Track (Eastaboga, Ala.) on Saturday evening for the E-Z-GO 50, Stormy posted a runner-up finish in his heat behind Josh Richards, which positioned him seventh on the starting grid for the finale. With $12,000 on the line, Scott fell three spots in the 50-lapper to register a 10th place outing.

For the final round of the ARMI Freedom Classic on Saturday, Johnny locked his spot into the main event with a runner-up finish in his heat behind Terry Phillips.

Charging ahead of race-leader Terry Phillips near the halfway point, Scott led the remainder of the 40-lapper to secure his second win of the season and a $5,000 prize. Phillips, Tony Jackson Jr., Jesse Stovall, and Chad Simpson trailed him to the checkers.

"We tried some stuff tonight which put us a little bit behind because we were too tight in time trials, but it worked out for us," Scott said. "I didn't know how the track was going to end up, but whatever they did watering it made it pretty racey or good enough to pass anyway for a few laps. I told my crew guy to make a few little changes there before the feature, and this thing came alive.”

This weekend, Stormy Scott will return to the LOLMDS tour with a doubleheader in the Buckeye state. The Series visits Muskingum County Speedway (Zanesville, Ohio) on Friday before heading to Portsmouth (Ohio) Raceway Park on Saturday. Both events will pay $12,000-to-win. Johnny Scott has plans to enter the 12th Annual Slocum 50 with the Lucas Oil MLRA at 34 Raceway (West Burlington, Iowa), which boasts a $10,555 top prize.

For full results from these events or to learn more about upcoming events, please visit www.MLRARacing.com and www.LucasDirt.com.

Scott Brothers Racing would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include Mesilla Valley Transportation, Rancho Milagro, Eagle Moon Farms, KBC Graphics, Top of the World Ranch, Rocket Chassis, Impact Race Gear, Simpson Race Products, Fast Shafts, Allstar Performance, VP Racing Fuels and Lubricants, and MSR Mafia Marketing & PR Services.

For the latest information on Scott Brothers Racing, please visit their cyber home at www.ScottBrothersRacing.com .