Matt Cosner off of the WOO Late Model Tour. Dealing with the death of his father-in-law.

BREAKING: Death of father-in-law forces Matt Cosner Racing to scale things back including his bid for World of Outlaws Late Model Series Rookie of the Year. This news came late Tuesday afternoon in a press release from his team. Go to www.mattcosner.com for any future news on his team and schedule.

Matt Cosner Mourns Loss of His Father-In-Law
Team Forced to Scale Back Racing Operations
Matt Cosner Racing and his family are mourning the sudden passing of Matt’s father-in-law, Barry Mason. This unexpected loss to their family is forcing some changes in the team’s racing schedule.
The West Virginia native is temporarily scaling back his driving efforts to devote more of his focus to his grieving family, and the day-to-day operations of their business.
The devastating loss has not only left a void in the families hearts, but also in the daily operations of the family-owned Nelson Auto Sales, the largest volume pre-owned auto dealer in the Tri-State.
“He was a huge part of my racing career and a huge part of running the business while I was away racing,” said Cosner. “With his passing, I’m left with no choice but to scale back racing for now. To ensure our business continues to be successful, I can’t be away from the dealership for long periods of time without his help.”
Cosner is hopeful he’ll have the opportunity to tackle a national tour again in the future. “The WoO tour was tough, but it was a lot of fun. I really think to RoY battle was going to be close between Winger and I, we had fun with that. He and I became friends and I wish him and the rest of the Outlaws the best the rest of the season.”
While Cosner is unsure of his schedule for the remainder of the season, he noted that he’ll stay close to home when he does have the opportunity to race. “I’m not sure what the rest of the season is going to look like, but when we do race, it won’t be far from home. I’m also looking forward to messing around with the Modified during our down time. I have really enjoyed helping a few friends recently with their Modifieds and going to watch them when we weren’t on the road. I plan to do more of that in the future.”
For the latest information on Matt Cosner, keep your browser pointed to the team website at www.MattCosner.com as well as their social media on Facebook and Twitter @MCR66c and Instagram @MattCosnerRacing.
Matt Cosner would like to thank all of his marketing partners, which included Nelson Auto Sales, Global Truck Outfitters Line-X, R.H. Lapp Mechanical Contractors, Mighty Auto Parts, Royal Purple Synthetic Oil, Phase 2 Wrap Materials, Rocket Chassis, Kenny Pettyjohn Racing, Integra Racing Shocks, TC Race Cars, Daugherty Motorsports, Orange Fatkat Media, Hershey’s Racing Engines and MSR Mafia Marketing & PR Services.