Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default PDC, 1 month away, will it happen

Curl said 100% capacity or no go. Will it happen on time, in the fall, or not at all. Let’s say you....
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Personally, I'm not holding my breath.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

He said on DoD that he would make the decision no later than today.

Yes he will be having a facebook live this evening is my guess like usual on if its a go or a NO. Im hopefuly but i doubt it will happen this year. As later in the year you will be scheduling against Lucas and woo races.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Yes he will be having a facebook live this evening is my guess like usual on if its a go or a NO. Im hopefuly but i doubt it will happen this year. As later in the year you will be scheduling against Lucas and woo races.
    There are already some cancellations (WoO), could be more for both later in the season. Some dates may open up, but Lucas and WoO will look to fill those as each needs X amount of dates to satisfy sponsor obligations.

Yes but several other races on woo and lucas trying to get rescheduled aswell. Lucas in Sept has all 3 weekends lined up for other shows not counting world weekend. In October they also have the first 3 weekends schedule already. So thoses dates would be out unless they dont worry about car count. Or unless those dates get cancelled which we wont know til a month away or less. Plus for Illinios WOO is looking at a few of thoses dates for the Illini 100.

Anyone think they'll cap the car counts to a certain number to space people out?

Like the Kings Royal, Knoxville Nationals and the Dream it’s not gonna happen, hope I’m wrong.

It was just announced that the Sandwich Fair is cancelled and that is in early September. Given that development it's hard to believe governor crooked fat-bastard is going to allow an event the size of the PD Classic happen.

I believe if it meant having the PDC this year, a WoO event, and no other options, they’d schedule it even if Lucas was racing same time elsewhere.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

It said on DoD racewire for the Fals opener Matt Curl was suppose to announce soon whether or not the PDC would be run on the WoO series. It also said he pledged to run it only if health restrictions allow a full crowd.

I imagine it will get postponed till 2021.

Not looking good with cases on the rise. So far IL is still moving forward with re openings though.

We will find out in a few hours. THE ANNOUNCEMENT will be made this evening. I was there 2 weeks ago on opening rain out and talked to Matt as i was wanting to pick up my tickets for the pdc and he said that i couldnt they werent releasing any out at that time. And that July 1 will be the announcement on this race.
    Last edited by t4g2; 07-01-2020 at 03:05 PM.

My guess is no PDC, but a smaller event with WoO instead. Maybe a 50 lapper or something.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

If thats the case i hope they give all the out of staters first tibs on tickets as some have booked flights already.

I'm guessing if it's a no go this will be the first of some major upcoming events to be cancelled

Rocket1 just tweeted a video of them leaving on 40 days and 40 nights.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Rocket1 just tweeted a video of them leaving on 40 days and 40 nights.
    Ofcoarse the Fairbury clowns gotta have a big announcement... they still believe the track is the only track in the country

Cool

I'm guessing that it will be a yes. Unless the Governor steps in & puts a stop to it.