Thread: 34 Raceway

Default 34 Raceway

Never been there. How’s the racing, will it be crowded Friday for the Slocom race, do many people camp, is it rowdy? Enquiring minds want to know, thanks.

The racing is usually decent. It will likely be packed, as the Slocum is the biggest race of the year at 34. There is a decent amount of camping, but not a ton. I have seen some rowdiness there in the past, but not a lot.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

I'm planning on making my first trip there. Went to Davenport last week for the first time as well.

34 is usually really good. What did you think of Davenport? That’s my home track but grew up going to Davenport(Both Tracks), West Liberty, Dubuque, Farley, East Moline, LaSalle, Freeport, Burlington. Love Eastern Iowa racing!!

They have some of the nicest bleachers I've ever seen at a track -- metal bleachers with seat backs. I really like the track too.

I’m still concerned about the social
    Distancing

Golddirt don't go then!!!

I’ve been there one time — about 15 years ago — and loved everything about it. Class facility and racy track. And operated by a great group of people at the time (JJ).

Well since I’m 4 hours away I’m not taking the chance of going and not being able to get in smart ass

34 was one of the best tracks to grow up at, grew up 30 minutes north and as a kid my whole family worked there (dad ran late models there). Perfect size and the groove would move around so you could find a way to pass. I bet I still hold the record for selling programs in the grandstands...