Thread: oil Stabilizer

Default oil Stabilizer

Does anyone use this stuff in daily driver? Like it? Hate it? I know it could change viscosity of oil as well. Thoughts?

Waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    Waste of money.
    I hear that from most folks. I guess older vehicles many years ago actually needed this stuff.

I’m not an oil stabilizer guy. I am however a huge proponent of Valvoline synthetic oil.

Walmart Supertech here

Mobil 1 is my first choice in motor oil products and I buy Mobil 1 almost exclusively for all the family vehicles. I do all my own oil changes along with the vehicles for the wife and kids. Second choice would be Valvoline synthetic. Never found any reason to use any additives while using these products.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    Mobil 1 is my first choice in motor oil products and I buy Mobil 1 almost exclusively for all the family vehicles. I do all my own oil changes along with the vehicles for the wife and kids. Second choice would be Valvoline synthetic. Never found any reason to use any additives while using these products.
    I have always used Mobil 1 but have recently changed to Supertech on my older Tacoma. This oil is highly recommended and is packaged by Warren Oil. I have liked it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    I currently have an 02 gmc 2500 that has 377,000 miles on it thanks to Mobil1!I bought it new and has used Mobil1 from its first oill change. I replaced the valve cover gaskets last year and there was virtually zero sludge on the heads!

I will say this.....I used the Hot Shots stiction eliminator at the last oil change and the oil pressure increased and its quieter!

The WalMart oil is as good as any. I know guys running it in their modifiers with zero issues..

My go to lube for my daily is private label Federated Auto Parts in any of their blends. Good stuff and inexpensive. Plus I get a great price.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    I currently have an 02 gmc 2500 that has 377,000 miles on it thanks to Mobil1!I bought it new and has used Mobil1 from its first oill change. I replaced the valve cover gaskets last year and there was virtually zero sludge on the heads!I will say this.....I used the Hot Shots stiction eliminator at the last oil change and the oil pressure increased and its quieter!
    How often do you change oil on your GMC?