Thumbs up Dirt On Dirt Live from I-30 Speedway tonight. 31 CCSDS Late Models & 30 360 Sprints

For those that would like to watch and didn't know.
    Dirt On Dirt is live from the I-30 Speedway in Little Rock, Arkansas with 31 Comp Cams Super Dirt Series Late Models & 30 360 Wing Sprints signed in. Cars are on the track in hot laps now.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

These midweek programs on DoD are awesome. I love seeing events from some tracks that I may not otherwise get to attend, and the weeknights work a lot better for me to be able to watch. Thank you to DoD and I-30 Speedway.

Looked like they got way too much water on it to start the night, as it took nearly an hour to hot lap/get the track ironed in. The very top of the track never did get rolled in, and instead had a huge cushion.

Late models and sprint cars, two classes only! The ultimate race program, in my opinion. It was interesting to see the differences in how the two classes attacked the race track. The sprint cars were able to use the cushion to their advantage for the most part, with the most impressive display being Harli White's charge in the B main. The late models on the other hand had a much trickier time navigating the cushion. The traction was there for sure, but the cushion seemed much less forgiving to the LMs, as it was tough getting into turn 1 on the high side due to the rough track in that spot.

Timothy Culp had em covered, and was in a time zone of his own, until trouble struck with just a few laps to go. Based on "where the sparks came out" from the car, it looked like perhaps transmission or driveline issues to me. Too bad to see, as he was checked out.

BJ Robinson looked to be on the move, using the high side better than anyone else seemed to be able to. Then, a bobble in turns 1/2 saw him go from 3rd to 9th in one set of corners. He hopped the cushion and he might as well have been stuck in quick sand, and it was something else to see the "hooked up" cars in the traction just motor right by him. BJ would like to have had that one back, I'm sure.

Nice battle up front to close the race, with Drew Armstrong using that treacherous high side to get around Neil Baggett. Logan Martin rebounded from a flat tire to charge back up to 3rd, although a bunch of that was due to cars dropping out.

The track certainly had some character to it, and some of the drivers/crews are surely putting in some work under the cars today. But, I'll take a race like that (with some actual passing) over a follow the leader dust bowl any day of the week.
    Last edited by dirt33; 07-02-2020 at 10:51 AM.

Loved the configuration of that place.

Once we realized we could get the FloRacing app on our Roku, we can basically just hit the recall button to bounce between multiple live dirt events like we had last night. Pretty awesome stuff.