FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 2, 2020

Troutman Bags Fourth Win of 2020 with Bedford Triumph
Busy Independence Weekend on Tap

HYNDMAN, Pa. (07/02/20) – For the third time this season, Drake Troutman parked his Smith Transport No. 7 RFI Resources/ MB Customs Modified in Victory Lane.

The triumph came in dominating fashion on Friday night at Bedford (Pa.) Speedway. Including his Super Late Model victory on May 24 at Potomac Speedway, it marked Troutman’s fourth overall win of the season.

“I wasn’t happy with the car after the heat, so my dad and the team worked hard to change everything but the motor,” said Troutman. “In feature I had a bad fast car and was able to get the win from fourth. This MB Customs, CMD Race Shocks Modified was absolutely the best car I’ve ever drove in the slick. The LaSalle Racing Engine in this car ran flawless as well. Thank you to my crew, sponsors, and fans.”

Troutman started his weekend on Wednesday night at Port Royal (Pa.) Speedway competing in the Late Model portion of the Keith Kauffman Classic. In a field of 32 cars, Troutman timed in fifth fastest in his group before placing fifth in his heat. Starting the $3,000-to-win A-Main in 20th, Drake was an early retiree from the 25-lapper on the ninth lap.

On Thursday afternoon at Lernerville Speedway (Sarver, Pa.) for the 14th Annual Firecracker, Drake was challenging for a transfer spot in his heat race when a blown motor brought an immediate end to his night.

The following night at Bedford Speedway pulling double duty, Troutman gained three spots in his Late Model heat race to place third. After challenging for a podium finish early, Drake faded late in the feature to register a sixth-place finish.

In his Modified, Drake scored a third-place finish in his heat, which positioned him fourth on the starting grid for the main event. Gaining control of the top spot at the drop of the green flag, Troutman went unchallenged to take the checkers ahead of Evan Taylor, Mike Altobelli Jr., Greg Moore, and Mitch Thomas in the 25-lapper.

On Saturday evening at Winchester (Va.) Speedway in the Modified ranks, Troutman ran into a handful of mechanical issues that prevented him from making the call for the A-Main.

Closing out the action-packed weekend on Sunday, Drake stopped at Roaring Knob Motorsports Complex (Markleysburg, Pa.) powering his Smith Transport No. 7 Late Model entry. Before the features were able to get underway, Mother Nature made an appearance and postponed the remainder of the program to a later date.

For complete results from these events, please visit www.PortRoyalSpeedway.com, www.WoOLMS.com, www.BedfordSpeedway.com, www.WinchesterSpeedwayVA.com, and www.RoaringKnob.com.

Drake Troutman has another busy schedule ahead to celebrate the Independence weekend. On Friday, July 3 he’ll return to Bedford Speedway for the Milt Miller Memorial race. On Saturday, the team will make the trip to Cumberland (Md.) Speedway for a Mid-Atlantic Modified Series event. The weekend will conclude with the Ultimate Northeast Super Late Model Series at Roaring Knob Motorsports Complex on Sunday, July 5.

Drake Troutman Racing would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include Smith Transport, RFI Resources, Shaffer Construction, D&R Trucking, Stone Natural Resources, Thunderhill Trucking, Thomas Cumberland, MB Customs Modifieds, LaSalle Racing Engines, Shoe’s Diesel Performance, Glassmere Fuel Service, Rice Tire, Claar’s Notary, Merkel’s Wing and A Prayer, I-65 Transport LLC, R&N Tires, Rocket Chassis, Neuline, Legendary Continuation Cars, Slicker Graphics, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Drake Troutman Racing, please visit the team website at www.DrakeTroutmanRacing.com well as their social media channels at http://www.facebook.com/Drake-THE-KI...4626074232452/, www.twitter.com/RacingDrake and www.instagram.com/troutmandrake/ .