FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 2, 2020

Cory Hedgecoc k Runner-Up in Lucas Oil Stop at 411
Iron-Man at Volunteer Speedway this Saturday

LOUDON, Tenn. (07/02/20) – Cory Hedgecoc k gave his home-track fans plenty to cheer about on Friday night with his impressive runner-up finish in the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) event at 411 Motor Speedway (Seymour, Tenn.).

Hedgecoc k raced from fifth on the starting grid to finish second in his E-Z-GO No. 23 Pace Performance/ Budget Transmissions/ Rocket Chassis/ Eagle Racing Engine Late Model, posting his best career LOLMDS finish.

Hedgecoc k was one of 38 entries on hand for Tennessee’s Action Track 50 at 411 Motor Speedway. Following the third fastest lap in his time trial group, Cory posted a runner-up finish in his heat behind Jimmy Owens, which positioned him fifth on the starting grid for the $12,000-to-win main event.

In the 50-lap affair, Hedgecoc k battled inside the Top-5 throughout the race. In the closing laps, he avoided a melee in lapped traffic to claim the runner-up spot behind Owens. Jonathan Davenport, Shane Clanton, and Shanon Buckingham rounded out the Top-5.

The young gun was all smiles after climbing from his car to stand on the podium. “We are absolutely happy with that finish. We appreciate everyone coming out and supporting us. Hats off to Jimmy, he was definitely fast. I saw Overton and Hardy wearing each other out and I thought they were going to wreck in front of me and tear my stuff all up. We knew if we could finish behind that 20 car it was going to be a good night.”

In a field of 42 cars for Saturday’s LOLMDS E-Z-GO 50 at Talladega Short Track (Eastaboga, Ala.), Hedgecoc k secured his spot into the $12,000-to-win finale with a third place finish in his heat. Coming one spot shy of a Top-5 finish, Cory jumped up six spots in the 50-lapper to place sixth.

For more results from these events, please visit www.LucasDirt.com.

This Saturday, July 4 Cory Hedgecoc k will celebrate Independence Day with the Schaeffer’s Iron-Man Championship Series at Volunteer Speedway (Bulls Gap, Tenn.). The event boasts a $5,000 top prize for Late Models.

For more information on this event, please visit www.VolunteerSpeedway.com.

Cory Hedgecoc k would like to thank all of his sponsors, which include E-Z-GO, Pace Performance, Rocket Chassis, Five Star Hyundai, Eagle Racing Engines, K&P Used Cars, Hidden View Lake, Budget Transmissions, VP Racing Fuels, VooDoo Technology, Timeless Memories Photography, Hoosier Racing Tires, CFYA, Wells Racing Photography, Strange Oval Racing, High Velocity Heads, Crowder Small Engines, Jesel Valve Train Innovation, QuickCar, Bicknell Racing Products, MSD Ignition, CV Products, CP Pistons, Boydbilt, Ohlins Shocks, Winters Performance, Brucebilt Performance, Wiles Driveshafts, Simpson Race Products, Martel Signs, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

Visit the team’s official website at www.CoryHedgecoc k23.com as well as social media outlets at https://www.facebook.com/coryHedgecoc k23/ and https://twitter.com/Hedgecoc k23 often for the latest team updates.