Thread: 83 For The King

Default 83 For The King

The winningest driver in NASCAR history has a birthday today. King Richard Petty is 83 years young today!! By all accounts Richard is going strong.

Richard is solidly in the conversation regarding the greatest drivers in NASCAR history. His accomplishments are without peer both on and off the racetrack and many will never be equaled. He has always conducted himself with class, dignity, humility and has yet to get cross ways with the law, was married to the same woman his whole adult life and raised a great family.

Happy birthday King. You're a credit to racing, your family and to America!

I plead the 5th on this thread but I recommend researching facts before you post em up.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I plead the 5th on this thread but I recommend researching facts before you post em up.
    If CIRF posts it., I believe it, and that's good enough for me !

He is about 95% correct but He just forgot to post this 1 very funny tidbit about Pettys past with the law. https://apnews.com/4ef3e2bd85742655cfabeeb8444ae6dc
    Last edited by Rajflyboy; 07-02-2020 at 02:42 PM.

I know all about the little dust up The King had on Interstate 85 in North Carolina and I don't care. As far as I'm concerned the guy and the car that The King bumped got exactly what he/it deserved. I've ached to do exactly what The King did several dozen times since I've held a valid drivers license so I take delight vicariously through The King's lack of reluctance to sack up and bump the guy. According to what was said at the time the clown had been F-cking with The King for several miles. What I liked most is Richard saying "if I'd have wanted the guy in the median he'd have been there"! LOL!

Here's the facts, Raj, The King acted out what most, if not all of us have wanted to do many times. If you wanna' call me out for this incident that's fine. Guilty as charged but I stand by what I said that The King is a very good human being and any clown playing games on an Interstate that gets the bumper from The King is A-okay with me.

Once again, Happy Birthday Richard Petty and I'm very happy you put the bumper to a numb skull on I-85!

Congrats to the one and only king of Nascar!

I wish he could distance himself from the Bubba deal though. I have a feeling he's not in 100% agreement with the situation!

I’m just razzing you CIRF but the other deal a few weeks ago was definitely weird to say the least

I thought maybe you were giving me the business, Raj. And technically you're right and I was wrong but even now I smile and get that warm fuzzy feeling when I think of The King doing exactly what I've yearned to do so many times.

I'm also with you on the Wallace deal. I get the feeling that The King was put in an untenable position that made him uncomfortable. We'll probably never know what his real feelings were/are. It may have been a case of him doing and saying what he had to do and say. Much like nasty Ganassi firing Larson.

No doubt CIRF. Petty was forced to go along with this stuff in order to continue coming to the racetrack each week (which is something he cherishes) (rain,snow or shine Petty loves being there in the mix)
    Last edited by Rajflyboy; 07-03-2020 at 06:21 PM.

He is about 95% correct but He just forgot to post this 1 very funny tidbit about Pettys past with the law. https://apnews.com/4ef3e2bd85742655cfabeeb8444ae6dc
    My racing buddy had uncle one time that had a big flat bed truck. He had a tire tied to the front end of it and when a slow poke got in his way he just drove up on them and started pushing them. I don't know how long he got away with this, but I got a kick out of that story. I liked that guys attitude!!! hehe
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    My racing buddy had uncle one time that had a big flat bed truck. He had a tire tied to the front end of it and when a slow poke got in his way he just drove up on them and started pushing them. I don't know how long he got away with this, but I got a kick out of that story. I liked that guys attitude!!! hehe
    Yep, I like that guys' attitude, too! It's one thing for someone to be in the way because they don't want to go any faster. But, it's another thing to be in the way just to piss people off. I'm confident that the guy The King bumped was motivated to do be in the way for no other reason but to be an annoyance!