Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Or maybe that 15 cent part was designed to fail? Nah, racers would never think of doing that.

jcotton,

Last time I looked at Ray's rules, no limiter was allowed. Just a chain, period.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    Or maybe that 15 cent part was designed to fail? Nah, racers would never think of doing that.
    If Ricky came around to Scott's thinking, you are probably right.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    If Ricky came around to Scott's thinking, you are probably right.
    I don't think Scott is alone in that approach. Most racers look for any advantage they can get and a part "breaking" is sometimes enough to create that advantage. Some parts break and send you to the infield, others break and you go to victory lane. lol

So, if this 15 cent piece “breaks” is it enough to give someone an unfair advantage over the rest of the field? Honest question.

I was just stating what the WOO director & technical director were talking about (part failur) in the dirt on dirt article today. They interviewed both & Weiss last night after the dis-qualification. Very good article. They also said that the “rumor mill” was that some teams were soaking this rubber piece with a chemical that would make it softer/ but would break down the rubber. Looks like people are getting creative and that spiced things up! I believe it was Junior Johnson that said “if you’re not cheating g/ you’re not racing.”

Scott was probably the person up to whatever was done. You tell Weiss you finish top 3 and I’ll pay what you would have won if your DQ’ed. I’m not saying that happened but it wouldn’t surprise me. Probably seeing if they would pick on Ricky or if it was just him that there out to get. I’m probably just blowing SMOKE? Oh that’s right he left Bloomquist.

Lucas tour will be packed next year. This droop nonsense is gonna run a lot of guys off the WoO tour just give it time.

You'd be surprised what it does to a car if you are forced to change LR droop travel a half inch. The advantage is getting back to what works for you, more than just getting extra travel.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptonite17 View Post
    Lucas tour will be packed next year. This droop nonsense is gonna run a lot of guys off the WoO tour just give it time.
    There are only two guys on tour who can’t handle it. The other 8 guys on tour have no issues whatsoever. But yeah, the WoO is going to lose all its racers over one guy’s inability to adapt.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

They should lose cars over the idiocy. The arbitrary nit picking rules are stupid. Fix the bodies! You shouldn't need a semi to haul your car. But with these monstrosities, you do.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 07-03-2020 at 11:32 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    They should lose cars over the idiocy. The arbitrary nit picking rules are stupid. Fix the bodies! You shouldn't need a semi to haul your car. But with these monstrosities, you do.
    I’m with you with fixing the bodies, but I doubt we see any real changes for a couple years.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

How many cars are flipping over in the Lucas series? This rule had nothing to do with safety. This rule was invented to give older chassis more of a chance. It was to help level the field and truth be known it was to give Ray more of a chance. Why WOO adopted it is anyone's guess, but it was a bad move.
    Last edited by No_Weak_Links; 07-03-2020 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    How many cars are flipping over in the Lucas series? This rule had nothing to do with safety. This rule was invented to give older chassis more of a chance. It was to help level the field and truth be known it was to give Ray more of a chance. Why WOO adopted it is anyone's guess, but it was a bad move.
    Bingo. How many local tracks are following it also I wonder. Are UMP ones required to?

Mastersbuilt. You don't need those big shinny rigs because of a body. They sure as heck don't make the car go any faster. It was first said they cut down on hotel expenses for teams. Well that went by the wayside. T-mac proved last year, get me to track and let me race. Team Zero has 1 team that carries a back up car. I wonder how many other teams only carry 1 car. I'm sure I am in the minority about this but I think the cars look good. Restrict them now so that no one can come up with another body modification. You cut those plastic elephant ears off the front and give them a 3" wickerbill in the back !!! Then you would see who the real drivers are. Yea, Yea never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Mastersbuilt. You don't need those big shinny rigs because of a body. They sure as heck don't make the car go any faster. It was first said they cut down on hotel expenses for teams. Well that went by the wayside. T-mac proved last year, get me to track and let me race. Team Zero has 1 team that carries a back up car. I wonder how many other teams only carry 1 car. I'm sure I am in the minority about this but I think the cars look good. Restrict them now so that no one can come up with another body modification. You cut those plastic elephant ears off the front and give them a 3" wickerbill in the back !!! Then you would see who the real drivers are. Yea, Yea never going to happen.
    Scott and madden both had two cars but they both junked there new cars

Bayko knows it all. If a rule over droop chain mechanisms breaking is causing teams thousands of dollars I can assure you teams will drop off this tour. If you take away Weiss and 0 you basically have Sheppard and a bunch of mediocre drivers. Dillard hits a setup once every few months. There’s a reason Drydene wanted the zero camp to run WoO. You have to beat one guy on a nightly basis and right now they can’t even do that. Like I said give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    But wait....WoO is all about taking care of Rocket Chassis Co just a thread ago, now they adopt a rule to help older chassis, which could mean fewer new Rocket sales, which would hurt Rocket. Oh, the confusion....

The way his right rear was banged up how in hell could they even consider a deck height?

Quote Originally Posted by keith94elliott View Post
    The way his right rear was banged up how in hell could they even consider a deck height?
    They don't measure they right side