Default Ashton Winger outduels Brandon Sheppard for WoO win at Cedar Lake

https://insidedirtracing.com/ashton-...at-cedar-lake/

Ashton Winger had to fight off multiple challenges from Brandon Sheppard to get the win

Good race. I’m a B-Shep fan but was hoping Winger would hold on. Congrats Ashton!!

What a race ! I think Ashton Winger was determined not to lose the race. He wanted to win bad after having the lead for so long. Amazing to win a WOO SLM race in his first year.

The new stars of woo slm racing Dillard and winger. Good race. If Ricky Weiss has the new droop rule figured out ? I thought at the end he was probably the fastest car. Why does team Drydene not have it figured out ?

they need a diff rubber band under the hood.....

What is the background of Winger's owner Billy Franklin?. I know he is from Alabama and races some himself. I believe he has sponsored or owned cars for quite a few other drivers over the years. Is this the first time he has owned a team to follow a national tour?

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    What is the background of Winger's owner Billy Franklin?. I know he is from Alabama and races some himself. I believe he has sponsored or owned cars for quite a few other drivers over the years. Is this the first time he has owned a team to follow a national tour?
    Is not the first time he had a car on tour. He owned Breazeale’s car the year he ran the WoO.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

been knowing and racing with billy jack and his brother for years , billy got hurt pretty bad in a wreck a while back and may hang up the helmet from what i,m hearing.....

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    The new stars of woo slm racing Dillard and winger. Good race. If Ricky Weiss has the new droop rule figured out ? I thought at the end he was probably the fastest car. Why does team Drydene not have it figured out ?
    Ricky ran third last nightHe was right there at the end I think his team has the droop rule figured out A rubber biscuit broke Thursday I look for Ricky to be in victory lane tonight

Great to see the young man win. That was a great race. Obviously B Shepp is always a hand full. I was happy to see him hang on.

I noticed Weiss was using a Vic Hill engine last night. Big inch engine most likely. Probably same engine combo Jimmy Owens has been winning with.

I checked out Wingers Website. The guy is quite an experienced racer for only being 20 years old. I was impressed how he could hold off all the challenges made by Rocket Shepp. Congrats to Ashton on his first WOO win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    I noticed Weiss was using a Vic Hill engine last night. Big inch engine most likely. Probably same engine combo Jimmy Owens has been winning with.
    A few years ago Weiss worked at Vick's shop and even drove a car for him. Then he got the WOO deal and has been using Vick Hill engines. So he actually has been using them for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    I hope Dillard and Winger are here to stay on the Outlaw tour. The Outlaws have seen Marlar leave after a year, Eckert stop touring, and Terbo, Moran, and Clanton all go to Lucas Oil in the last couple years. Also lost Madden again. It's nice that the Outlaws at least got Bloomquist back, Dennis Erb, and Lanigan as some veterans. Add those with guys like Dillard, Weiss, Winger, and Junghans and there's still some good competition. It's hard to beat the Rocket1 for a whole season but I think Weiss can get the job done sometime.

Cade Dillard put on a good again on Saturday. He kept Rocket Shepp honest.

His (Dillard) confidence is up and he is really coming on. Series is shaping up to be pretty good, even with B Shepp still winning a high percentage of the races.