Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Y'all have a mayo based sauce that's kind of interesting too......sauce is overrated as the defining flavor of the BBQ IMO.
    If the shoulder or butt is cooked properly it really needs very little sauce dumped on it.

Depending on where you go in our region you'll see 3 different styles of sauce.....eastern state is vinegar based, mid state is mustard based and upstate is more of a ketchup base.

BBQ is a lot like politics .....everyone has an opinion of what they like and why.

When traveling ,I try to eat some about everywhere I go to see what I'm missing.......it's hard to beat the triad region of NC for pork or the Austin Texas area for beef.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

And back to topic, Kirkpatrick seems like a really cool guy that is living his dream and using his noggin for something other than a Hoosier visor.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I hope he wins 10 races in a row... NO joke...I like a guy thet races outside the box.........or could it be the bun......

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Y'all have a mayo based sauce that's kind of interesting too......sauce is overrated as the defining flavor of the BBQ IMO.
    If the shoulder or butt is cooked properly it really needs very little sauce dumped on it.

Depending on where you go in our region you'll see 3 different styles of sauce.....eastern state is vinegar based, mid state is mustard based and upstate is more of a ketchup base.

BBQ is a lot like politics .....everyone has an opinion of what they like and why.

When traveling ,I try to eat some about everywhere I go to see what I'm missing.......it's hard to beat the triad region of NC for pork or the Austin Texas area for beef.

The mayo based at Mission is pretty good. They have some of the best brisket i have ever had!

Ima ketchup based guy. My dads best friend worked for French's so he always used Cattlemans!He basted it on the last 30 mins or so!

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    by limiting droop. I'm with the OP, get rid of all the 'gadgets' that keep causing the DQ's and allow only a chain to limit the travel.
    droop is nothing more than LR hiking up on the bars/up on the shocks , witch all reality the LR dose not droop , it's chassis ''roll'' hike up on the lr bars is to roll on the RR and to pin the RF . is to give that ''drooping down'' look (of course these are my very OWN collective thoughts)

Eastern style DONE RIGHT is the very best. But it’s very hard to find DONE RIGHT.