Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Woo i can solve the droop rule problems and dq,s....

Its called a solid chain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bolted to frame and to the axle...….

Nice idea 👍

haha thats funny cause that has been around for qutie some time now, the whole chain thing. only thing that does is basicaily limit your roll steer for certain track conditions

And WoO has no droop rule problems. Some of the teams do, but not WoO.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTurtle17 View Post
    haha thats funny cause that has been around for qutie some time now, the whole chain thing. only thing that does is basicaily limit your roll steer for certain track conditions
    by limiting droop.

I'm with the OP, get rid of all the 'gadgets' that keep causing the DQ's and allow only a chain to limit the travel.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    by limiting droop.

I'm with the OP, get rid of all the 'gadgets' that keep causing the DQ's and allow only a chain to limit the travel.
    How about we let them do what works? Rein the bodies in. Race.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    How about we let them do what works? Rein the bodies in. Race.
    I can't say that I disagree.
    I just struggle to understand making a rule to 'limit' the movement of the car and then allow 'gadgets' that counteract the rule. A simple chain would do what they say they are trying to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    I can't say that I disagree.
    I just struggle to understand making a rule to 'limit' the movement of the car and then allow 'gadgets' that counteract the rule. A simple chain would do what they say they are trying to accomplish.
    Yeah, it would. The best thing that ever happened to ump mods was taking the spoiler off. They race so much better than dlm do
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

^^^^^MastersBuilt gets it. Simple fix. Cut the ears off the front and reduce that rear spoiler to a wicker bill. Let the crying begin. Less motor, less tire and shock costs, nobody has the stones to do it because it would make things to dang easy. You could toss the ray cook limiter out the window.

Yeah, it would. The best thing that ever happened to ump mods was taking the spoiler off. They race so much better than dlm do
    I think just making the bodies straight and symmetrical would be just as effective.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I think just making the bodies straight and symmetrical would be just as effective.
    Its a start. We have gradually got to where we are. It started with the store-bought roofs and the noses with a splitter. Then we stopped teching body dimensions at all. Now we have POS racing where a guy can't pass because his nose loses aero load. He chases his nose up the track when he tries to pass under a car in the corner. Watching a Lucas race, at a track with any speed, is almost angering at this point.

Instead of fixing this, the national series are too busy making new stupid rules to mechanically limit what is happening under the car, to use these bodies. The top series are more worried about outsiders building a better mousetrap (piles of restrictive rules), than they are about fixing the racing in their series.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Its a start. We have gradually got to where we are. It started with the store-bought roofs and the noses with a splitter. Then we stopped teching body dimensions at all. Now we have POS racing where a guy can't pass because his nose loses aero load. He chases his nose up the track when he tries to pass under a car in the corner. Watching a Lucas race, at a track with any speed, is almost angering at this point.Instead of fixing this, the national series are too busy making new stupid rules to mechanically limit what is happening under the car, to use these bodies. The top series are more worried about outsiders building a better mousetrap (piles of restrictive rules), than they are about fixing the racing in their series.
    Agreed all they realy need to do is get a copy of ump or lucas rules from around 2008 change it to 2021 copy and distribute. Then and this is the kicker enforce them. I remember people being in line for hours trying to get through tech at Eldora. That's what started all the special designs and wraps it was all because the car was getting a new body anyway to ensure it was legal

I agree with you both Josh Bayko and MasterSbilt_Raer....get the bodies in check and that will solve a bunch of the BS that's going on right now. I watched a race on MAVTv the other night and there was a dude that had his body so jacked up it looked completely stupid! It was so scewed and warped that it was a distraction to watch. I can't remember his name but I remember reading about him on DoD. He built the whole car. He ran good so good for him but shame on the power players in our sport for letting things get to this point. Yes, I do believe they still need a droop rule to help take some of the aero out of the equation but I would be tickled to death if they would just get the bodies under control and get the right front wheel back under the car where it belongs. They're sticking so far out now they might as well be open wheel modifieds. It's ridiculous.

I assume you are talking about Austin Kirkpatrick. His car looks stupid just like all the rest. I personally don't see where it is much different than the others. Time to fix the bodies for sure.

My idea is based on the past week when some of the woo guys had the rubber bisquits break and fall out causing them to get dq and The bolt size probb.IT WOULD BE HARD TO HAVE ALL THAT HAPPEN IT THE RULES STAT CHAIN SIZE BOLT SIZE AND MAKING IT HOOK TO THE FRAME AND HOUSING NO GADGETS IN BETWEEN...

Also if a FRONT HOUSING BIRDCAGE.. shock catches before chain does i would require the front shock to be disconected my rule would say no slack in the chain when the wheel comes off the ground...they may already have a rule like this....

Quote Originally Posted by hardracer32 View Post
    I agree with you both Josh Bayko and MasterSbilt_Raer....get the bodies in check and that will solve a bunch of the BS that's going on right now. I watched a race on MAVTv the other night and there was a dude that had his body so jacked up it looked completely stupid! It was so scewed and warped that it was a distraction to watch. I can't remember his name but I remember reading about him on DoD. He built the whole car. He ran good so good for him but shame on the power players in our sport for letting things get to this point. Yes, I do believe they still need a droop rule to help take some of the aero out of the equation but I would be tickled to death if they would just get the bodies under control and get the right front wheel back under the car where it belongs. They're sticking so far out now they might as well be open wheel modifieds. It's ridiculous.
    More truth in Mr. hardracer's post than we've seen here in a long, long time!

Take a bow, hr!

One of the reasons Kirkpatrick's body looked so goofy is he was adamant about meeting every current rule and they don't check half of them so most cars aren't even legal to what's currently written. Also it was a blank page build and that was his first body on the car so naturally their will be some revisions

Full disclosure, I’m not an expert but I say get them all back down like they were 10 plus years ago.

Get the decks back down to 36”.
    Straight line from the top of the front fender to the back of the quarter, also checked with a level.
    Make the deck and roof flat as a pancake, checked with a level.
    The doors must be the same height on both sides.
    Close the sails in. If you still want the current look out of your sails, cool. Make em lexan windows.
    Get back to the MD3 noses from 08 or so. Ears can be no higher than 2” off the filler. Must be equal on both sides. Mush be mounted straight. Also checked with a level on the bottom lip.
    Any plastic valances or skirts can only be 2” high at any point.
    I’d leave the spoilers at 8”.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!