Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The current rules might as well say "what ever you can cram into the trailer without too much disassembly"... whoever can start building trailers with wider opening will have a huge advantage on the field

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    One of the reasons Kirkpatrick's body looked so goofy is he was adamant about meeting every current rule and they don't check half of them so most cars aren't even legal to what's currently written. Also it was a blank page build and that was his first body on the car so naturally their will be some revisions
    It helps when your pops is loaded..da!.....in my best Ron White voice!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    It helps when your pops is loaded..da!.....in my best Ron White voice!
    Yep, that's why he has one 15 year old engine and not a new Durham/Cornette/Etc and a stacker trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Burke1118 View Post
    The current rules might as well say "what ever you can cram into the trailer without too much disassembly"... whoever can start building trailers with wider opening will have a huge advantage on the field
    Maybe open trailers will make a comeback. Or have only like a roof over the car on top of the stacker.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Ok here is the plan....... it will definitely work....... we have to convince Mark Richards that his bodies don't have as much downforce as everyone else.... only then will rules start to magically get written and enforced!

You're gonna get banned with talk like that.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Zero25 what does it matter that the guys dad is or isn't loaded. We were talking about how the body looked beside that He built a car from scratch and it has proven to be competitive. I don't care who you think you are or where your money comes from. Anyone who doesn't admire/ respect that doesn't know their head from a hole in the ground. Especially in today's world. The amount of work that goes into designing and building a chassis is a huge undertaking and to have it be competitive enough to qualify for a lucas or woo event out of the box is a huge achievement. Hell lanigan can't even copy one and make it competitive!

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    Yep, that's why he has one 15 year old engine and not a new Durham/Cornette/Etc and a stacker trailer
    I mean, it’s entirely possible that he cones from big money that chooses not to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a hobby.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Bayko,
    I took it to mean billet was saying that Kirkpatrick wasn't out there dropping wallets like Lance Landers to make a Lucas show. I don't think he was commenting on family fortunes.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I mean, it’s entirely possible that he cones from big money that chooses not to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a hobby.

Exactly right Josh.........My point was he has some access to the family fortune. He was sent to school to get a degree to enhance the family's fortune in the restaurant franchising business, but chose to get a degree in engineering! Kudos to him for that. Their parent company has spent millions in the past on racing sponsorships!

What is the parent company’s name if you don’t mind the wuestion?

Anyone have a picture of this body that meets the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by XRNone View Post
    Anyone have a picture of this body that meets the rules?
    I was thinking the same thing.

So all of you or your hero's are in a long steady line to buy $40000 plus rollers from the usual suspects (Rocket, Longhorn, etc) and then a guy comes along and builds his own chassis for a fraction of that and less than what you can even buy a used "Name brand" chassis and the first thing you do is start talking about how much money his family has? BRILLIANT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zerolm View Post
    So all of you or your hero's are in a long steady line to buy $40000 plus rollers from the usual suspects (Rocket, Longhorn, etc) and then a guy comes along and builds his own chassis for a fraction of that and less than what you can even buy a used "Name brand" chassis and the first thing you do is start talking about how much money his family has? BRILLIANT!!!
    No one was being critical just stating the facts. He raced all sorts of dlms for many years without much success. Maybe designing and building cars is his forte!Kudos to him for trying something new!

btw.....the parent company is Sonny's bbq!

Nobody will question the body until it wins. You can run 10th or worst and cheat for years..........nobody cares. You win, different story.......been there............seen that.

Last edited by Waldo; 07-07-2020 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Its kinda funny to pull up to a go kart race and see stacker toterhomes.........handful of karts to race every class and 30 sets of new tires cut and soaked! You almost have to be a millionaire! lol

I did pull that post, I admit, because I didn't know for sure. But some of them boys running go carts have the same amount of money as guys running Latemodels. There is no doubt about it. Don't forget machine shops in the haulers.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    No one was being critical just stating the facts. He raced all sorts of dlms for many years without much success. Maybe designing and building cars is his forte!Kudos to him for trying something new!

btw.....the parent company is Sonny's bbq!
    He ran decent in FL lm stuff. Seen him make the hillbilly 100 too.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1