Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XRNone View Post
    Anyone have a picture of this body that meets the rules?
    I think some folks didn't follow the interview. It meets the rules they check. It doesn't meet the rulebook.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I miss the days of leaf spring racing, in my opinion that was the best side by side , back them into the corners close racing. Four links created follow the leader freight train style racing that locked cars to the track. Then it was spend huge amounts of $ on bigger motors and shock packages. Go back to leaf springs and stop the roll over travel limits period . MAKE RACING GREAT AGAIN !

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    He ran decent in FL lm stuff. Seen him make the hillbilly 100 too.
    Decent .....more like hit or miss! Esp when your shock guy is your crew chief!

He actually won a Powell Memorial at Brp, but got dq'ed for having an illegal tire on the rr!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Decent .....more like hit or miss! Esp when your shock guy is your crew chief!

He actually won a Powell Memorial at Brp, but got dq'ed for having an illegal tire on the rr!
    Maybe that was his problem?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

tooooo much gravy on the bisquits?

Again, The Body will be fine until it wins.......After that u will see...............

He ran decent in FL lm stuff. Seen him make the hillbilly 100 too.
    I think some folks didn't follow the interview. It meets the rules they check. It doesn't meet the rulebook.
    i would have to go back and read it but i recall the article stating that their are rules that they do not check and because if him adhering to all the rules including the ones they don't enforce to made the body look a little odd

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    i would have to go back and read it but i recall the article stating that their are rules that they do not check and because if him adhering to all the rules including the ones they don't enforce to made the body look a little odd
    He moved the rear of the body to the right. To keep the total width correct, he subtracted heavily from the left. However, both sides are supposed to taper the same, but that has never been checked.

Maybe they don't check total width across the back anymore?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

He moved the rear of the body to the right. To keep the total width correct, he subtracted heavily from the left. However, both sides are supposed to taper the same, but that has never been checked.Maybe they don't check total width across the back anymore?
    Don't know i didn't see the car in person. I only know what the article stated https://www.dirtondirt.com/South_11062.html

I’ve seen a couple pics of the car. The body itself really isn’t that radical from what I remember. It isn’t nearly as garish as the body was on the 116 back when Overton was in it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I walked by it at Cherokee a few times and it definitely had some different stuff. Ended up qualifying pole ahead of Davenport and madden but pulled in during the race iirc. Will be interesting if anything comes of it. Been a while since we seen someone compete with something that wasn’t an Xr1/longhorn or pretty close replica.......

No one was being critical just stating the facts. He raced all sorts of dlms for many years without much success. Maybe designing and building cars is his forte!Kudos to him for trying something new!

btw.....the parent company is Sonny's bbq!
    I somehow knew you would know about the Sonnys connection....

That's sweet sauce right there.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I’ve seen a couple pics of the car. The body itself really isn’t that radical from what I remember. It isn’t nearly as garish as the body was on the 116 back when Overton was in it.

Josh, that car was horrible. Brand new, it looked like it had been wrecked hard and jacked up

Jabberjaw, what do you think when a non racing person sees when shown a picture of a modern dirt late model “on the bars”?

Jabberjaw, what do you think when a non racing person sees when shown a picture of a modern dirt late model “on the bars”?
    they probably think: "holy %$^# this is way cooler than nascar!!!!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B_tJ3C5DaXw/

zerolm, I don't think a non racing person would think any different seeing the car now for the first time or if they saw a car for the first time in the mid 2000's.

Meaning, there was nothing wrong with the car then. It was still bada$$
    Last edited by JabberJaws83; 07-09-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Don't know i didn't see the car in person. I only know what the article stated https://www.dirtondirt.com/South_11062.html
    I haven't seen the car in person either. But, I have seen pictures from many angles and could stitch the story together from what he did say. A DoD story is never the whole story.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I somehow knew you would know about the Sonnys connection....

That's sweet sauce right there.
    LOL.....that sweet sauce has paid for a bunch of racecar sponsorships!

fwiw......its too sweet for me, but i will use it as a basting sauce!

LOL.....that sweet sauce has paid for a bunch of racecar sponsorships!

fwiw......its too sweet for me, but i will use it as a basting sauce!
    We cheat it up a little and do the same.....some crushed hot pepper flakes in it makes a great alternative sauce for shrimp cacktails.

Sweet and spicy
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 07-09-2020 at 10:07 PM.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Yall need to try some of the barbecue around Phenix City if any of yall cone down for our 72 hrs of hell in November. We dont do ketchup base. All mustard/vinegar based. Not sure why but all local owned barbecue joints in Phenix City/ Columbus all use the mustard base. But if you go anywhere to Auburn, Lagrange, basically any nearby surrounding city it's all back to ketchup. I guess it's a local thing. But it is all HOT usually around here. Lol