Thread: track preppers

Cool track preppers

Already 84 degrees at Cedar Lake---10:30 a.m. --hot, hot three days in a row---no rain--headed for 89 degrees--if the Cedar Lake prep guys can pull this off for tonight, they should be honored.
    ---and sunshine, sunshine, sunshine

Hot? 89 degrees? Come to NorCal this time of year when it regularly is near or over 100. Luckily, it's only around 90 this weekend but there's very little racing this year so it's probably Mother Nature's cruel way of showing who's in charge.

San Francisco is only to be high 60's but SF is its' own world. Oh, I know about the humidity factor in the upper Midwest after growing up back there. The very low humidity factor out here is the only thing that makes our high temps even bearable but it's h3ll for track prep.

Cedar lake really knows how to prep a track! They dig it up before the feature, takes a while but it's worth it!

You have nothing to worry about. Cedar Lake does a amazing job of track prep. They will have it all reworked perfect for the features also.

It was sofa king hot and sunny there all three days. The racing in the sun wasn't anything to write home about but not much that could be done given the weather. Come feature time when the sun went down the racing was stellar all three nights. Bravo to the track crew at Cedar Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Hot? 89 degrees? Come to NorCal this time of year when it regularly is near or over 100. Luckily, it's only around 90 this weekend but there's very little racing this year so it's probably Mother Nature's cruel way of showing who's in charge.

San Francisco is only to be high 60's but SF is its' own world. Oh, I know about the humidity factor in the upper Midwest after growing up back there. The very low humidity factor out here is the only thing that makes our high temps even bearable but it's h3ll for track prep.
    Interesting you say that.. While all the California drivers I chatted with at Cedar Lake, couldn't believe how hot and thick the air was.. But, what do they know.

Just got done watching the replay on CBS. Looked to me like there was a rut in 3 big enough to hold a bass tournament in after a good rain the way they were bucking around that joint. Maybe it only looked bad on TV. Nice crowd though...and got CBS sports air time. Always good for dirt racing.