Default Deer Creek, Jackson Motorplex Lucas shows.

They are canceled because Minnesota didn’t move to phase 4 COVID-19 on July 1st so these events were canceled. There’s something else behind this as the last week of June Jackson had the 3 Night Jackson Nationals with the stands full. What would be nice is if people would just tell the real reason rather than lying about it. Deer Creek had there races July 4th also so I don’t get it. Jackson Motorplex was paying $12,000 and $15,000 for this coming Friday and Saturday but Lucas says they couldn’t meet the dollars needed to pay the purse but that can’t be true. Paid $50,000 to win for for the Jackson Sprint Nationals and stands we’re packed as I watched it on DirtVision.

Woo and agco were the reason the event was able to happen. It only paid 30,000 to win.

Jackson might have taken their profit/loss from the WoO weekend, applied it to advanced ticket sales for this weekend and figured there was no way to do it financially. Just guessing. We had 2 campsites and 7 tickets bought for the weekend.

I would assume Jackson didn’t want to lose a bunch of money and pulled the plug due to all sorts of reasons. Mainly, many people won’t go with all of the COVID stuff seems to have some effect on how many will ultimately attend. Also, It appears they purchased the old Badlands/Husets facility. I sure hope so, could be a great facility for a big late model show some day.

I went to the Friday show at CLS and was a little shocked at the attendance. Many reserved seats were empty and many open seats throughout. Don’t get me wrong, good sized crowd, I just expected it to be a lot more crowded than it was. I am sure that CLS and WOO made out just fine.

I’m buying what your all saying but there stands for the 3 day Jackson Sprint Nationals were 90% full. It also was $30,000 to win on Saturday night and $10,000 to win on Thursday and Friday. I couldn’t understand how they had that show with limited ticket sales but when they showed the stands several times during the show they were full. I live 30 miles away and talked to 2 different groups of people that went and the stands were pretty much full. I don’t know but to me it has to be something else as there would have been 3500 fans at the Late Model show.

And that (packed stands) may be the reason that they are having troubles now. When you tell the health department that you are selling a limited number of tickets for social distancing and then you don't abide by it, then you are probably going to be monitored more closely in the future.

Good thing the Lucas series race for the Gopher 50 was cancelled a few days ago. Because of the thunder storms and heavy rain in southern Minnesota on July 9 , the races would have been cancelled anyway. Fans and racers saved a bunch of money because of the early cancellation . Area near Deer Creek had close to 3 inches of rain,

I was in attendance at Jackson all 3 nights for the WoO sprints. At BEST, it was 1/3 full (2000 fans total as it only seats 6000 when full).

Jackson was not selling tickets at the gate either, it was all presale only and they switched to all general admission about a week before the race as well.

I sat in the top row of Section H (right in front of video screen), our row, nor any in front of us were anywhere close to 50% full and we were one of the fuller sections. The closer you got to the ends of the grandstands, the thinner the crowd was.

Do I think they made $?? Doubtful, they likely broke even at best IMO, but going down to $30k to win from $100k and down to $1000 to start from $3000 to start on Saturday helped them out a ton I'm sure.

The outlaws are RENTING Knoxville for their 1 and Only show in August with a maximum fan count of 7000 for all 3 nights. Even with 7000 ADULT fans, the over $400k in total purse will make their profit margin pretty thin. the more people under 18 that attend the thinner their profit margin will be. From my understanding, that's what they did at CLS as well.

I honestly think the Outlaws aren't worried about profits currently, they are thinking long term with keeping their sponsors happy so they aren't searching for series sponsors in 2021 or 2022 when sponsors will be very difficult to obtain IMO.