FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 8, 2020

Tyler Erb Gets First Lucas Oil Win of ‘20 at Muskingum
Florence Speedway Doubleheader on Deck

ST. MARYS, Ohio (07/08/20) – Tyler Erb earned his first Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) win of the season on Friday night aboard the Industrial Resourcing Group No. 1 Best Performance Motorsports/ Rocket Chassis/ Durham Racing Engine Super Late Model.

The $12,000 triumph came at Muskingum County Speedway in Zanesville, Ohio.

“I want to thank all of my crew. This deal is tough, it’s not easy. In all honestly, I think we have had a better year as far as being consistent than last year. We are going to keep digging, we want to get that orange spoiler before the end of the year.”

“This is almost one of my home tracks, I’ve stayed with Devin [Moran] several times. I have made many laps here with Donnie [Moran] to help me get better, but this is the first time I have turned competitive laps here. It seems like I’ve made 10 million laps here. I just want to thank the Moran family for everything they have done for me. This was my home shop for a while. This is just awesome,” said the 23-year-old Texas native.

To start the weekend, Erb visited Florence Speedway (Union, Ky.) on Thursday evening for the track’s season opener. In a field of 31 cars, Erb started the night off with a heat race victory, which positioned him fourth on the starting grid for the $5,000-to-win A-Main. After suffering a flat tire while running in second, Tyler charged from the tail of the field to place seventh in the closing laps.

The following night at Muskingum County Speedway for the LOLMDS-sanctioned Independence 50, Tyler laid down the fastest time in his group before coasting to a 10-lap heat race victory.

Sneaking ahead of race-long leader Jonathan Davenport in the final 10 laps amid lapped-traffic, Erb soared to his third overall win of the season over Devin Moran, Davenport, Tyler Carpenter, and Hudson O’Neal.

On Saturday evening at Portsmouth (Ohio) Raceway Park, Erb secured his spot into the $12,000-to-win finale with a second-place finish in his heat behind Jonathan Davenport. Falling short of a Top-10 finish in the 50-lap feature, Tyler slipped back to a 14th place outing.

Tyler has climbed to third in the latest LOLMDS point standings. Full results from these events are available at www.FlorenceSpeedway.com and www.LucasDirt.com.

This Friday-Saturday, July 10-11, Erb and the BPM team will follow the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series to Florence Speedway for a doubleheader. Both nights will be a complete program, highlighted by a 50-lap, $12,000-to-win main event.

Race fans are encouraged to check out the “Gear” page at www.BestPerformanceMotorsports.com for the latest Tyler Erb apparel, including two brand-new t-shirts!

Best Performance Motorsports and Tyler Erb would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include: Industrial Resourcing Group, First Class Septic, Roberts Bee Company, New Point Lighting & Design, Inc., Franklin Enterprises, Boxo USA, Bazell Race Fuels, Sunoco, Keyser Manufacturing, Integra Shocks, Hoosier Tire, Valvoline, Industrial Hydro Excavating, Go Lithium, Allstar Performance, K-B Carbs, GottaRace.com, Precision Racing Components, Beyea Headers, Day Motorsports, Doyle Edwards Trucking, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Wiles Drive Shafts, Simpson Race Products, Weld Racing, Performance Rod & Custom, Powers Performance, Heath Lawson Photography, Swift Springs, Walker Performance Filtration, Outerwears, Strange Engineering, Rocket Chassis, R&R Design, KBC Graphics and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Best Performance Motorsports please visit the team website at www.BestPerformanceMotorsports.com and www.TylerErb.com as well as their social media channels at www.facebook.com/bestperformancemotorsports/, www.twitter.com/BPMotorsports1.