FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 8, 2020

Ashton Winger Scores First Career World of Outlaws Victory
Pockets $20,000 in Cedar Lake Triumph

HAMPTON, Ga. (07/08/20) – Ashton Winger out-dueled the best of the best on Friday night to earn his first-career World of Outlaws (WoO) Morton Buildings Late Model Series victory.

Aboard the Franklin Enterprises No. 12 Total Fire Protection/ B&D Leasing/ Keyser Manufacturing/ Rocket Chassis/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model, the 20-year-old held off two-time and defending series champion, Brandon Sheppard, to earn a $20,000 payday.

“This is so awesome man,” Winger shouted in victory lane. “This is all I’ve ever wanted to do. I never wanted to NASCAR or anything like that. I always wanted to be at the top level of the Dirt Late Model Racing and here we are. I’m so glad we got to do this in front of a full crowd. This is so badass! I’m speechless.”

The action kicked off on Thursday evening with the Elimination Showdown. The Top-12 qualifiers from the first-time trial session were locked into the invert. Winger recorded the sixth fastest time, which positioned him seventh on the starting grid for the elimination style shootout.

Eliminating four cars after each 5-lap segment, Ashton survived all three segments to compete in the 8-lap dash to the finish for $3,000. Losing two spots when the checkered flag flew, Ashton posted a ninth-place outing.

Coming in second in his heat race on Friday afternoon, Winger secured his spot into the redraw. Receiving the pole position for the 40-lapper, Ashton pulled away to a comfortable advantage at the start.

Winger’s challenges came when Sheppard began to apply pressure at the halfway mark. The two went side-by-side in the final laps, trading sliders, all while navigating lapped traffic.

With just three to go, Sheppard launched a turn one slider and cleared Winger for the top spot. Winger returned the favor with a turn three slider, retaking command of the lead at the two-to-go signal. Over the final two laps, Ashton held off Sheppard for the win. Ricky Weiss finished third, with Dennis Erb Jr., and Darrell Lanigan completing the Top-5.

“Sheppy was showing me a nose that whole time and this race track moved around so much that I just didn’t know where to be,” noted Winger. “This is a dream come true. I have to thank so many people: my mom, my dad, Billy Franklin, Colby, Todd Pruett, everybody who has ever turned a wrench on any of my race cars since I was nine years old. This is all for them. I’m so thankful.”

For another $20,000-to-win A-Main on Saturday evening, Ashton came in third in his heat, which locked him into the seventh-starting position for the finale. Dropping three spots in the 40-lap affair, Winger posted a 10th place finish.

Up next for the World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Model Series is another Wisconsin doubleheader this weekend. On Friday, July 10, the Late Models head for Outagamie Speedway in Seymour, Wisc. followed by a Saturday, July 11 trip to the Plymouth Dirt Track in Plymouth, Wisc.

Ashton climbed to eighth in the latest World of Outlaws championship point standings and continues to lead the Rookie of the Year chase. For more information on upcoming events, complete results, and the latest standings, please visit www.WoOLMS.com.

Ashton Winger would like to thank all of his marketing partners, which include Franklin Enterprises, B&D Leasing, Total Fire Protection, E-Z-GO, Keyser Manufacturing, Integra Racing Shocks & Springs, Johnny Doan Plumbing, Boydbilt Fabrication Spring-Pro, Collins Signs, Turkey Creek Snacks, FK Rod Ends, CSR Aluminum Fabrication, Will Kinzer Foundation for Autism Research, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Off Axis Paint, O.H. Hendricks Sheet Metal, Hoosier Tire South, VP Racing Fuels, Schaeffer’s Racing Oil, RSD Enterprises, 2 Brothers Motorsports, Racing Radios, Stealth Racing Carburetors, Fast Shafts, K&N Racing Filters, Integra MX Springs, GW Performance, J&C Properties and MSR Mafia Marketing & PR Services.

For the latest information on Ashton Winger, please visit his internet home at www.AshtonWinger.com as well as his social media channels at facebook.com/AshtonWingerRacing12 .