Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Rajflyboy

Have you ever been to Eldora or are you just another protester with nothing else to do but raise heck?
    812 post in 4 months? I think it’s the latter. (And most of them don’t make a lot of sense) it probably is good Eldora is closed or you would probably tear down Earl & Bernice’s statue!

I don’t like the surrender option. Sorry if you don’t like that.

With strict guidelines. If you click on the welcome back guidelines it says some areas, rides and attractions are not conducive for social distancing and they are closed. You also have to make an appointment to go. You can't just show up when you want.

Rajflyboy.

Question 1: Again, have you ever attended a race at Eldora?

Question 2: If you were the sole owner of Eldora Speedway- what would you have done differently than
    What the current owner/management had done!

Living in Ohio must be tough, people from there seem to love it though.......all the ones that have moved from there into the region I live in tell us all how great it is in Ohio.

Yet they moved out........strange.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    Let's see if the governor conveniently changes his tune just in time for football season.
    There's not going to be a fall college football season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    There's not going to be a fall college football season.
    It's normally cancelled anyway after the Buckeyes lose their first game.....no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Living in Ohio must be tough, people from there seem to love it though.......all the ones that have moved from there into the region I live in tell us all how great it is in Ohio.Yet they moved out........strange.
    This. And yes I have been to Eldora (you can social distance there). Yes I have worked out if Ohio. Never really liked the state. Barbecueboy has it figured out. No big deal let’s just race somewhere else.

Social distancing at Eldora for the big shows?
    That’s like saying you can social distance at Fairbury for the PDC !

We are racing at many other places with fans- just not in Ohio at 20,000+ spectators. Been to the World/Dream for 25 years straight. Also the Preludes & Nascrap Trucks. I am extremely disappointed that the races are being cancelled- but I am not on 4m trashing Eldora & Tony Stewart for it. Man- just look at what’s happening in this country as a whole and be thankful that some tracks are racing! I spend 17 days a year at Eldora & if the World 100 is cancelled- it will just make next year more special.
    Let’s enjoy the races we do have and try to have an understanding of those we don’t!
    I still believe wholeheartedly that we live in a great country although the United States is facing some tough challenges. Be thankful for what we have & keep our fingers crossed and hopes alive for what we seek!

I can't seem to wrap my mind around the fact that people can't tell the difference from a place like Muskingum to Eldora..

You cannot social distance at the World 100 at near full capacity. Think about how many strangers you encounter that entire weekend that are within 6 feet of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I can't seem to wrap my mind around the fact that people can't tell the difference from a place like Muskingum to Eldora..

You cannot social distance at the World 100 at near full capacity. Think about how many strangers you encounter that entire weekend that are within 6 feet of you.
    You have to consider who you're debating with here.

Almost like Gear Head under a different username

Exactly what I was thinking as well. Some people have good -logical heads on their shoulders. Others have jack-o-lanterns with all of the inner workings carved out!

Capacity. Who said capacity?all I’m saying is put the big races somewhere else (please)
    Last edited by Rajflyboy; 07-09-2020 at 10:09 AM.

There have been numerous post on here on many different threads about Eldora’s decisions to cancel races-right? There is one thing that I have failed to see mentioned: the health/safety of the residents and service workers of Darke County and all the surrounding counties of the speedway. What kind of an impact would it bring upon them if 20,000 people from all over the country came into their area? We shop, eat, sleep and socialize in their communities- they serve us-clean up after us and ect. I feel quite comfortable in saying other than
    N the financial $$ lids- under present health situations- they don’t want us moving in and putting their health in jeopardy.
    Just a thought.

I’m not going to argue covid. Math, science and a trip to check out your local hospital and cemetery should be all you need to know on that.

If you go to the hospital do you really think they're going to just let you walk around and see the people that might be sick from it? If you go to the cemetery how do you know who died from covid and who and didn't?

I want to know how many of you would go to see the trucks race eldora ? It was fun to watch them at first but the last 2 yrs has been bad.

I would .......without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    I want to know how many of you would go to see the trucks race eldora ? It was fun to watch them at first but the last 2 yrs has been bad.
    . I’m with you here. It’s just not the same the last few years.