Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brownstown

So which former poster is back with a new name this time? LOL

Quotes won't work for me but yea WisWildMan I could never square how much money needs to be dumped into an operation to even break even. And yea any economic downturn hurts especially in a sport where operating margins are so slim solvency is an issue even in the best of times.

Now add a virus that doesn't allow all tracks to operate at full capacity and that is another big stomach punch that is sure to trickle down the sport in ways we haven't even thought of. Known unknowns.

22 cars last night indeed sucks but until we get a larger sample size of races and car counts we just don't know yet. Here's hoping to a great car count at Peoria tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ricochet View Post
    Ok NeedForSpeed, I'm either lying or slow in the head. I would say 90% chance of the latter and 0% chance of the former. Not gonna hunt and link every article to add to a conversation...... So unless you have lotsa time to burn skip over my posts.
    Every article? You can't even post one to prove what you heard. That's just as easy as saying " I read somewhere Madden left because he didn't like the food"

If you are going to get better car counts, it really doesn't matter what the winners share is going to be IMO. They need to beef up the total purse and make it worth while to race when the positions 5-20 earn more of that total. In order to do that, the money needs to come from somewhere. Sponsorships is one avenue but that takes time and energy on the part of the track owner or promoter. The other way is to raise the gate admission fees for Joe Q Public. When that happens, prepare for all hell to break loose.

The ones getting cheated are the modified guys.

Well this was easy enough, NeedForSpeed. Now as they say up here in Chicago, "go get your shine box". https://www.dirtondirt.com/story_11156.html

"A lot of these events we did after reopening due to Corona the pay down was not very good Sommner said. You either had to win or you weren't bringing home a lot of money. People like Chris they drive for a living, drive for a percentage. And when you're not bringing home the type of money you think you should, or did, it can frustrate you, it can discourage you. And not speaking for Chris I think that's a big part of it".

See how easy that was. Doing that the first time would've made you look less foolish.

Still doesn't make sense though. Madden's going to make more running 5th on the WoO tour each night than running the Southern Nationals. And that's not even Madden saying that. That's just was Cody's assumption is. Madden just doesn't want to be away from home alot. Everyone knows that. Maybe he needs to go find a new profession then.

NeedForSpeed, you do understand there is not a possible way I could care less about you or your thoughts on anything and would revert back to my last post, "go get your shine box".

I'll continue as always with Rock Stars with infinite wisdom like you behind a keyboard. I'm here for you............
    Last edited by Mister Ricochet; 07-09-2020 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ricochet View Post
    NeedForSpeed, you do understand there is not a possible way I could care less about you or your thoughts on anything and would revert back to my last post, "go get your shine box".

I'll continue as always with Rock Stars with infinite wisdom like you behind a keyboard. I'm here for you............
    Ok Ernie....