Default Top drivers discuss the importance of aggression in heat races

https://insidedirtracing.com/drivers...ng-heat-races/

Davenport, Sheppard, Overton, Weiss, McDowell, Pearson & Moran weigh in on the importance of the first lap in heat races

Heat races should be important and more important than qualifying.

Liked how McDowell gave a kinda veteran response. One of the few that mentioned the importance of taking the right line and to paraphrase sometimes less is more......... A takeaway for me is the need for good multi grooved surfaces. As they mention you ain't gonna pass much in a 10 lap heat but if for whatever reason you qualify poorly, don't do well in a heat or race in in a Last Chance a good multi grooved track will allow you to race up in the feature if you have the car to do so.

Qualifying stings, you turn a bad lap and you've got a uphill struggle throughout the night. Then you go into turn 1 of your heat race and you have to make sure you have air going over the front of the car. I say let them run 2 heat races and invert the field for the second heat race. Average finishing position and passing points gets you in the A main. In a 100 lap feature I'll take the guy that has the best handling car, I don't care where he starts.