Default Bobby Pierce/Mullins Engines

They kept saying at Brownstown, Pierce was using a Mullins engine? Is this the LS motor like Babb has? I thoiught he was using Pro Power and Durhams engines?

Yes it's an ls engine. Pretty sure that was his first race with it. Saw it on Snapchat the other day

I wonder why Bobby would try a Mullins engine. Do you all think Mullins gave him a really good deal on the engine ?

my guess would be yeah, they gave him a deal.

The Mullins LS engine is going to save dirt late model racing. These engnes make great power according to both Mullins and Willys carb shop. Brand new ready to race they are approximately $27k and will be very reasonable to overhaul. Hopefully the price will not rise with their success but we will see.

Between a deal and Bobby having to try something different as he has broke 3 motors in a month. No clue which ones or what just thats what hes posted on facebook.

I'm betting the top of the line LS7 they are building these guys is more around $35k which is at least $10k less than the RY45 based engines a lot of guys are running. The one on the website is designed for "regional" racers and is around that $27k base and $28,500 optioned up. Add tax and you are around $30,500 optioned up the way they would want it and that's less carb. It is cheaper, but I am betting not much in the end.