Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Peoria SN

remember a few years back at a cornbelt clash race at Peoria. Rained like he!!. cars loaded, track covered in water and we headed for home. Learned the next morning the race was completed. sill cant believe it

Not sure who makes the calls Peoria or the dirt car crew, but the track prep delay clearly falls on Peoria. Disappointed because they could have gotten the show in.

Nobody wins when the rain comes. Fans and drivers alike

Features will be made-up Tuesday, July 21.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Just got home. Wow that's a lot of rain. I sure would have hated to be the last one out of the pits. That place can be a mud hole. A lot of guys were loaded up long before they called it but there's no way they all got out of there in time.
    8/13/16

This marks 3 of the last 4 years the Peoria SN race is affected by weather. No sense of urgency all 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    This marks 3 of the last 4 years the Peoria SN race is affected by weather. No sense of urgency all 3 times.
    You're right there bud Peoria's had a long history of rain problems for their summer national race.
    8/13/16

I forgot to ask. What kind of a crowd did they have?

Normal size for a sn show.
    8/13/16

Thanks HH.

I feel like this happens every year on the Summernationals, and why it will never be considered upper echelon. There is NO LEADERSHIP with that tour. Track not ready for over an hour, then they are going to run a B main with only 25 lates there? Absolute joke! I LOVE the Summernationals but not the way it is ran.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    I feel like this happens every year on the Summernationals, and why it will never be considered upper echelon. There is NO LEADERSHIP with that tour. Track not ready for over an hour, then they are going to run a B main with only 25 lates there? Absolute joke! I LOVE the Summernationals but not the way it is ran.

You mean "C-Main". Lol...

LM1M, totally agree but they were never going to get that race in no matter what order they ran it in. Never in the history of Peoria Speedway have they completed a show by 9:00
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    Agree with this. A touring series often times takes over the operation for the evening or at least influence it. Summer nats seems to be left up to each track to do their thing with number of classes order of show etc. present setup leaves a difference in efficiency based on what track you are at. I was at Jax a few years ago for their summer national and they got rained out part way thru but they were busting ass all night to get it done. Started on time and just didn’t have enough time.

They should all be ran like the summer national races used to be ran up at Boswell when it was Kamp motor Speedway two classes late models and modified

Just another track we can do without.

Posted starting times to some tracks mean absolutely nothing. They use the same lame duck excuse, track prep. How many years have you been doing it ? If you haven't figured out how to read a clock so that the track is ready for the posted start time. Well, i suggest track owners either set his clock ahead or find someone else, because you got the wrong people prepping the track.

I can't think of another sport that consistently has problems with starting at the advertised time. It's just so amateurish.

Shiny, I was at Quincy for summer nationals 2 years ago. Beautiful summer day & they way over watered. Started hot laps over an hour late (maybe 90 minutes) on a Sunday night. Weather delays or emergency issues are one thing, self caused delays just should not happen especially on a big show. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the paying customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    LM1M, totally agree but they were never going to get that race in no matter what order they ran it in. Never in the history of Peoria Speedway have they completed a show by 9:00
    Maybe just maybe because of impending weather had they decided to run late model heats first then do modified heats then forget the LM c main and go straight the the late model feature starting all 25 cars. I bet they could have gave the fans what they came for a late model feature before 9pm.