Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Peoria SN

Ive seen all tracks even the best around struggle with time management from time to time. Not sure whats worse a show like this that happened or a promoter collecting fans money 15 mins before he cancels a show. As we arrived at 1 track nobody at the gate collecting money then the promoter riding on the golf cart collecting everyones money knowing hes going to cancel. the last one was at a different track about a month ago that usually does well.

Quote Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
    Shiny, I was at Quincy for summer nationals 2 years ago. Beautiful summer day & they way over watered. Started hot laps over an hour late (maybe 90 minutes) on a Sunday night. Weather delays or emergency issues are one thing, self caused delays just should not happen especially on a big show. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the paying customer.
    The promoter/owner at Quincy is now running Moberly and they never start hot laps at the advertised time. This past Sunday they were only about a half an hour late (usaually later than that).

The Sprint Invader feature was awesome, but they have absolutely NO clue about how to run an efficient program.

The following also occurred and contributed to a late night (Sunday night show):
    (1) They hot lap 6 cars at a time on a big, high-banked half-mile track (I go to some much smaller tracks that hot lap 10-12 cars at a time).
    (2) They have way too many "pace laps" before they start each race.
    (3) They said they were going to have a 15-20 minute intermission that turned into being almost 2 hours.

There are other things that I see that they could do as well to "speed up the show", but I don't want to rag on them too much.

Unfortunately, this is the norm in dirt track racing, rather than the exception.

I remember when you used to go to Eldora when Earl had it at 7 o’clock cars hit the track that don’t even happen anymore

Ya it didn't matter who you were either, the race rolled out at 7

Go to Lernerville, has to be, hands down. The most efficient run race track anywhere. They say 7:30 and I guarantee you the first heat race is on track at 7:30. They line up the next heat immediately after the pit gate closes. They have it down to were there is very little lapse in going from 1 race to another. If you've never been to a show there, we'll you don't know what your missing. No intermissions, 4 division show, great food, healthy 50/50 every week.