Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Well that was a snoozer.
    You saw a different race than I did. Good job Madden.

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    There was zero passes among the top three the last 50 laps. And the camera stayed on the leaders the entire time. That’s all we saw on TV. They kept saying Overton was coming, and Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). But they didn’t show it.

Thats sponsor tv time. They pay extra for exposure!

Sorry it didn't work for you. No passes at the front, but 2nd was close and could have passed if any mark was missed or lapped car caused trouble. All in all, good show I thought. One thing for sure: TV will never be the same as being there, so considering that, I think it was a pretty good race. JMO.

Imagine having a life so sh!tty all you had to do is complain about watching a free race. He saw what he wanted to see. Guy’s been a joke for decades.
    Last edited by B_K; 07-11-2020 at 06:48 AM.

Cameraman has to stay where his producer tells him too....Not his fault. The racing was pretty good midpack like was previously stated. I thought they did a good job keeping the show rolling after the early issues with the crossover gate not latching.

Haha BK hugging my junk as usual. Probably 99% of my posts in my 20+ years on this site are positive. But the second I post anything that doesn’t smell like roses, he’s all over me lol. Oh well, it must suck to be like that. Seems like a good kid, other than his obsession with me. I love Smoky Mountain. It was our last race before the lockdown and we can’t wait to go back. Roger is doing great things there. The view of the mountains from the front stretch is beautiful. And I’m sure it was a cool race to see from 4th on back if you were there. Unfortunately, we didn’t get to see that on TV. Have a good weekend, BK.

Sorry it didn't work for you. No passes at the front, but 2nd was close and could have passed if any mark was missed or lapped car caused trouble. All in all, good show I thought. One thing for sure: TV will never be the same as being there, so considering that, I think it was a pretty good race. JMO.
    This is my first Southern Nationals and I'm a guy who first went to a Summer Nationals race maybe 20 yrs ago. Hats off to technology!!... Unless a track is a locked down 1 laner I have enjoyed every race I've seen that McIntosh, Bailes, Overton, Fergeson, Hedgeco#$, Knowles, Knuckles, Chilton, Payne, McDowell, Crabtree, Hill, to name a few, have been in.

So many capable racers deep into the field on bigger slick tracks. Racing throughout the field. Can't miss racing for this fan.

Default Florence

Just as you said Florence had everything except the feature run before Smokey Mountain started their first heat race. That is why I do not attend Smokey Mountain any more.

SMS is usually somewhat efficient. It’s these southern series that tend to drag the show out. It’ll be the same way tonight, and at most of them. I’m sure BK will cry about it, but it’s the truth.

It’s 9:00. They haven’t started qualifying yet.

They need to sell them dogs and cheekin samiches. NOT a good reason for that garbage other than a promotor that wants to get every penny he can out of the paying fan

Yet the feature was over at 11:00. Wythe starts later than most, I guess to let the sun get down, and it works with a great track to show for it. And they got it done in a hurry. A short field without consis helps too.