Default Brandon Sheppard picks up WoO win at Outagamie

https://insidedirtracing.com/brandon...-at-outagamie/

Sheppard's domination of WoO continues

700th event for WoO.

33 lates
    31 street stocks
    48 mods

Track was bad early on in the night. WoO heats were low groove dominant. Jake Timm was the only guy who went up top in the heats and passed cars.

Dennis Erb drew the pole for the feature. That was short-lived.
    Ashton Winger jumped to the early lead with Jason Rauen tight behind him in 2nd. Those two tangled (racing deal) when the caught lap traffic. Re-start, Rauen out front with Lanigan and B-Shepp in pursuit. B-Shepp got past Lanigan and battled Rauen side by side for a good handful of laps, swapping the lead. B-Shepp finally grabbed the lead, Rauen was battling Lanigan and hit the wall in turn 4. Rauen was the "show" up until that point.

After that, it was all about which local driver could possibly challenge B-Shepp & Lanigan. Swedeberg and Lanigan battled for a few laps, before both Darrell and Anvelink got past Brett.

B-Shepp, Lanigan, Anvelink top 3. Nice run for Swedeberg and Mars. Weiss came on late as well.

WoO guys figured it out, but local drivers had the experience advantage at Outagamie tonight.

Feature and B-main were much better racing because the top came in.

I'd give it a 6.5-7 out of 10.
    I've seen better WoO & Lucas shows over the last 5 years, but I've also seen way worse. Well worth the 90 mile trip.

Show kept moving, (ran well for 100+ cars in the pits), support classes were solid, and food was above average. Hope WoO LM return to Outagamie in the future.

It turned out to be a very good show. 33 late models and a whole bunch of support class.

Times fell off pretty quickly in qualifying as the moisture slicked off rather quick. They say they put a bunch of water down over the last day to get the track ready but it has been hot and sunny up here a lot.

The heat races weren't that much to brag about as the track seemed like it was going to be dusty and slick. There was very little in the way of competitive passing during the heats. One I do recall was Jake Timm going around the outside of Chase Junghans and it took about four laps to stick it. Otherwise they were pretty much finish where you started.

The support classes were IMCA mods and stocks and they put on good races. It always seems like the narrow tire cars always race well regardless of whether the track is just right or not. Even though the LM feature ran first, the place stayed full until the very end to watch the mods and the stockers. Cool.

The first LM consi was pretty much like the heats. The second LM consi really was a good one when Paul Parker went up top and passed a bunch to get to the front. My hopes went up for a good feature.

The track crew kept on it and kept putting a bit of water up top. The track slicked over top to bottom but it was racey for the feature and it was a very good race. Four different leaders and plenty of passing throughout the pack. Shep started sixth and worked for it.

Kudos to the Dirt Kings Tour. Drivers from that group who did very well - Nick Anvelink 3rd and Brett Swedberg 6th. The crowd was huge and they loved Nick's top three. Weiss, Sanders, Dillard and Junghans all moved forward through the pack and had decent runs. Jason Rauen drove as hard as he could to try and hold off Shep and they were fun to watch in lapped traffic.

Hoped for better for Dennis Erb after starting on the pole (faded to 10th). Jimmy Mars started 8th and moved up to 5th before rolling the nose and losing the handle on the car. He retired early when it wouldn't steer like it should which was too bad because he looked like he had a good car early on. Rauen and Winger both had finishes that didn't represent their early runs up front.

Very glad to go to this one and they kept the program moving along. Great job by Outagamie Speedway staff to pull off and good special event.

Zonks I swear, I must have been writing as yours was posted. I wasn't copying you.

Thanks for the race reports!! They are greatly appreciated.

Didn't make it as I was beat from a long work week.

Did Bloomer make the trip? If he did he likely mad at me...he wanted my autograph!
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Nick gets around that place pretty good and has been pretty much unbeatable there over the last bunch of years. If it was the first time a touring series came to Seymour or 100th time they came there he’d have a shot at that joint.

My dad went and told me about the crowd reaction. In his words: “The stands shook like they did at Seymour when his dad ran the big block on the old half mile.”

I would’ve loved to see a national touring series come through Seymour years ago when that track was a tri-oval. Provided the ridiculous hole in the hairpin corner could’ve been fixed. That’s when you would’ve seen the national touring guys scratch their heads trying to figure out a weird track. The IRA sprints made appearances with that configuration and it was always an adventure. The A-mods and IMCA stock cars in that part of the state are exceptionally strong with deep talent. Anytime, anywhere that they are a support class you’re going to see good racing.

I was really impressed with Jason Rauen, he drove the heck out of that car but in the end I think he used up his tires and the pros showed him how it’s done.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    Zonks I swear, I must have been writing as yours was posted. I wasn't copying you.

No worries.

Always nice when someone else saw the same thing at the track.👍

video was fun--great battle between Rauen and Sheppard--thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhanson View Post
    video was fun--great battle between Rauen and Sheppard--thanks
    Rauen was decent early but he was driving way over his head. Looked like a young tyler erb. Really sucked for winger not saying it was rauens fault. But it could of been avoided if rauen had been driving within his abilities. Outside of that it was a good race. That place looks really fun when it's right

Rauen for fun to watch and kept it interesting for a while. Definitely ran out of talent as often happens with youngsters. Sheppard is just going to win most of the races though. Operation is second to none.
    Winger is coming on for sure and it would have been interesting to see how he stacked up against Sheppard last night. Maybe tonight