Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

kryptonite , hes young and got to learn , some times traveling and making mistakes really accelerates this process , i have a lot of respect for the carpenters , they have always done a lot with less IMO,,,,,,

Agreed FF......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

He definitely has talent, a good car, and can wheel a late model. Running more consistently against better drivers and on different surfaces will only make him better. However, unless he wants to keep fixing his cars from guys taking exception to his aggressive style he is in for more of the same.

I don’t have a problem with being aggressive, but being disrespectful night in and night out is just plain stupid, especially when you are running with the same group of drivers I.e. when running a series. There has to be some give once in a while.

I was talkIng with with a buddy after seeing the Marlar incident and said I wonder how many races it will take before someone makes a point of “explaining” not around here you are getting away with it.

Hopefully, he can continue on with the tour.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Calling it the way I see it. We'll just agree to disagree.

Go make sammiches now
    I can agree with that. You'll need to get blackie to get the samiches tho. I'm not a waiter.
    8/13/16

Carpenter, come to East Moline Sunday. You can talk to HOF Gary Webb, he runs those Kryptonite tin cans. Might learn something.

Well said, drich. Didn't know much about him but am learning from you guys who do that the Carpenters race on a limited budget and do ok vs the big boys. The kind or racer/team I gravitate to. Also like racers who are racing in 4th and will take a chance to get to 2nd at the risk of falling to 6th.

What little I've seen from the Summer Nats seems to me the kid needs to lift/brake once in awhile. Bumping Manville in his door in turn 3-4 at Tri City is a good example. If he simply lifted or tapped the brakes he never spins Manville out causing a 5 car pileup and he wouldn't have even lost position by lifting. ........... An old golfing adage, "there are times to make shots and times to save shots" and there were no shots for Carpenter to make in this instance.

Add the Marler thing in the heat at Brownstown and guys like Melvin who have been racing longer than Carpenter has been alive will have little to no patience or courtesy at minimum. Melvin sliding up in front of him and slowing was text book FU and the kid didn't even realize it was coming and rammed into Melvin or let Melvin's slide take him out, never lifted.

I agree with those who think the kid has some talent and is good for the fan. Hope he can navigate the "unwritten rules" that drivers use to police themselves that have stood the test of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I can agree with that. You'll need to get blackie to get the samiches tho. I'm not a waiter.
    I'm not going to take Richie's job. It's all he's good for round here😎

He took out Manville in the B.....

He can't help drivers in the midwest if he has never been on a track in the midwest. He is supporting his drivers and fans by showing up, while getting info to put in the books. Bravo young man. I hope you get to race tonight in Fairbury. FYI, if you wreck Pierce, you will be an instant hero here, and can run for mayor.

Thumbs up X2

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    He can't help drivers in the midwest if he has never been on a track in the midwest. He is supporting his drivers and fans by showing up, while getting info to put in the books. Bravo young man. I hope you get to race tonight in Fairbury. FYI, if you wreck Pierce, you will be an instant hero here, and can run for mayor.
    Bravo^^^^

Yep!

Carpenter talks about his Tri City frustrations and Rodney Melvin. Melvin comments on the kid too. https://www.dirtondirt.com/story_11170.html
    Last edited by Mister Ricochet; 07-11-2020 at 04:24 PM.

The most publicity Rodney Melvin has got in 20 years and it’s for intentionally wrecking someone, good for Rodney.

Melvin's 4 UMP national championships tells it all. Old school, doesn't need publicity, just wants respect. Young drivers need to learn that early.