Default Washington Redskins

I had to copy and paste this so I'm guilty as charged in that regard. Don't be mean to pour lil' ol' me. I had no other way to transfer it to here.

This is an e-mail from a football/sports fan to a radical left race baiting chitcago Tribune columnist named Clarence Page. The author makes just about as much sense as anything I've read in a while regarding political correctness pressure and how utterly ridiculous it has become!

The author is a clear thinking person who has given some serious thought to what he wrote. I'm sure Page will have something cleverly condescending to say at some point but the point is still valid!

This is an e-mail sent to Clarence Page of the chitcago Tribune after an article he published concerning a name change for the Washington Redskins. It will make you laugh at the ridiculous renaming hysteria.

Dear Mr. Page: I agree with our Native American population. I am highly jilted by the racially charged name of the Washington Redskins. One might argue that to name a professional football team after Native Americans would exalt them as fine warriors, but nay, nay. We must be careful not to offend, and in the spirit of political correctness and courtesy, we must move forward.

Let's ditch the Kansas City Chiefs, the Atlanta Braves and the Cleveland Indians. If your shorts are in a wad because of the reference the name Redskins makes to skin color, then we need to get rid of the Cleveland Browns.

The Carolina Panthers obviously were named to keep the memory of militant Blacks from the 60's alive. Gone. It's offensive to us white folk.

The New York Yankees offend the Southern population. Do you see a team named for the Confederacy? No! There is no room for any reference to that tragic war that cost this country so many young men's lives. I am also offended by the blatant references to the Catholic religion among our sports team names. Totally inappropriate to have the New Orleans Saints, the Los Angeles Angels or the San Diego Padres.

Then there are the team names that glorify criminals who raped and pillaged. We are talking about the horrible Oakland Raiders, the Minnesota Vikings, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Pittsburgh
    Pirates!

Now, let us address those teams that clearly send the wrong message to our children. The San Diego Chargers promote irresponsible fighting or even spending habits. Wrong message to our children.

The New York Giants and the San Francisco Giants promote obesity, a growing childhood epidemic. Wrong message to our children. The Cincinnati Reds promote downers/barbiturates. Wrong message to our children.

The Milwaukee Brewers. Well that goes without saying. Wrong message to our children.

So, there you go. We need to support any legislation that comes out to rectify this travesty, because the government will likely become involved with this issue, as they should. Just the kind of thing the do-nothing Congress loves.

As a die-hard Oregon State fan, my wife and I, with all of this in mind, suggest it might also make some sense to change the name of the Oregon State women's athletic teams to something other than "the Beavers (especially when they play Southern California. Do we really want the Trojans sticking it to the Beavers???

I always love your articles and I generally agree with them. As for the Redskins name I would suggest they change the name to the "Foreskins" to better represent their community, paying tribute to the dik heads in Washington DC.

I naturally have to agree with all that. It is the same as tearing down statues, if we are going to tear them down then tear them all down including every MLK statue !

Nice read CIRF.

According to reports they have caved. Let's hear some new names for the team. How about Washington No Names? Surely that won't offend anyone?

The Washington Redskins Potatoes... Just have a Redskin potato mascot and your all good...

The Washington General's.. ( Or has that been taken) I think they lose every game to the Globetrotters anyway.

I quit watching the National Felon League when they started taking a knee. I'm done with baseball too. Basketball isn't even a sport! Nascar has become a joke to me, and they are out as of Talledega.

Pro sports suck now, so it's time to devote my leisure time to working on my hotrods and fishing.

The thinskins sound pretty appropriate.

Or maybe the foreskins would be better?....that's not offensive is it?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

formercrewguy - I am with you on your above post 100% !

I like the Washington Pansies!

Washington Swamp!!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

They have much larger issues than the name change.....

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    This. I like the name Washington Surrenders

Something will happen before the season starts and they will not even play a game, is my suspicion.

With the election coming up, new fake news about the virus will just keep a coming!!! These politicians and the media are determined to use this virus to win elections.

Radical politicians and media activists are far more dangerous to the nation than this virus is. We need a cure for this much more than the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Something will happen before the season starts and they will not even play a game, is my suspicion. With the election coming up, new fake news about the virus will just keep a coming!!! These politicians and the media are determined to use this virus to win elections.Radical politicians and media activists are far more dangerous to the nation than this virus is. We need a cure for this much more than the virus.
    This is it. Covid and most anything else that’s political

Sounding like they could be renamed the epstiens if what I'm hearing about Schneider is remotely true.

Will be interesting to see if any of that has merit or just more media cancel culture shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    The Depends didn't arrive with the last shipment???

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Something will happen before the season starts and they will not even play a game, is my suspicion.

With the election coming up, new fake news about the virus will just keep a coming!!! These politicians and the media are determined to use this virus to win elections.

Radical politicians and media activists are far more dangerous to the nation than this virus is. We need a cure for this much more than the virus.
    Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    I quit watching the National Felon League when they started taking a knee. I'm done with baseball too. Basketball isn't even a sport! Nascar has become a joke to me, and they are out as of Talledega.

Pro sports suck now, so it's time to devote my leisure time to working on my hotrods and fishing.
    Need some reppie points.