Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Fairbury SN

A lot of power lines down here at the track. Glad everybody is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    Great as usual Shiny. How do you get a message that your power is out? Serious question.
    I get an automated call from my power company whenever my power goes out.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

How do they know yours is out? Thought maybe a back up generator? Seems backwards to me! East BFE Emc in Georgia doesn't do that! That I know of. Best of luck to all of you Midwesterners.

How do they know yours is out? Thought maybe a back up generator? Seems backwards to me! East BFE Emc in Georgia doesn't do that! That I know of. Best of luck to all of you Midwesterners.
    I think they call after someone in my apartment building reports the outage.

The 'smart' meters would be my guess.

I am with Duke energy and we have had this text messaging for several years even before the smart meters it’s all done when an outage is reported to the company And they give you an estimated time it will be back on.

You can sign up for outage alerts with ComEd.

I get notified by email. And a estimated time it will be back on. They'll do text or email. I do paperless billing so it all done thur there website

Great job Matt Curl! That is how you run a show! Way to keep it moving and beat the weather. Great call running the late models first followed by the best modified finish I have seen in many years.

Power is still out. Peoria got hammered...the Ameren outage map is lit up like the Vegas Strip.

The track did a great job. Lots of Gundaker fans in the stands. Glad to see him get the win as well. Overall it was a good night of racing. Going to east moline for my first time.

Shiny, thanks for the great recap. Reading your notes is like reliving a great evening. Getting up this morning after a white knuckle ride home to Indianapolis. After the races I was driving 22 mph down Rt. 47 last night, in a white out of rain. Just as bad as snow. Incredible lightning show and then I caught back up to that storm past Danville. Hydroplaning no fun in the dark. Did not realize all the area damage until reading your notes. I did see many branches down and corn fields blown sideways south of Gibson City.

Last night was incredible. Sad to see Kevin on his top, no fault of his own. Plenty of sheet metal bent last night. Later we had the Gundaker boys rumbling in the pit area. Gordy stuck that car to the bottom and was amazing to see him come through the field. Eckert was impressive, too. The modified feature was fantastic.

KUDOS to the FALS team for their efforts. Starting early, even with a rain delay, really paid off. While every race was running, the next race was lined up ready to go. As everyone says, other tracks should take note of how they got this show in. It can be done. Enjoy your next Summer Nationals show.

Here is clear video of last nights UMP Summer Nationals late model race via Peter Hayes on Facebook. From the Pit Grandstands. Video is very clear to watch. Video takes a second or so to load.

https://www.facebook.com/peter.hayes...1053670725828/

Thought I'd share.

Bar none easily one of the best d@mn dirt track sin the country and a class act staff from the promoter on down to the folks at the pit gates and concession stands.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 07-12-2020 at 11:58 AM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Thanks Shiny.......Lost power here last night at 7pm..... finally got here to see the results this morning at 10 am. Nasty storm her in NW Illinois, sounds just as bad at FAlS. Hope all made it home fine. Who would bet cold cash Gundaker would win? kudos to Gordy and team.