Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up New short track series. Stewart & Evernham among board members. Game Changer.

New short track series
    Tony Stewart & Ray Evernham among board members.
    Article - https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...YUBkzu2Qt_2CeA
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I hope it works out but sure seems odd to have
    a race with only 12 cars, if I read it correctly.45 minute heats.

All those guys have a lot of knowledge so I guess they
    have thought it through and through.

Best of luck to them.
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (PPV) & Streams ( 2 many)
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

Sounds like Evernham’s rendition of the IROC series.

Says CBS is going to air in so they've must've bought into it
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

I will say this, Ray is a smart guy and has likely done a ton of homework the past few years trying to determine where the right racetracks are, how much horsepower they need, etc., etc..

Tony brings a marquee driver name, CBS brings promotion. Question to me is sponsorships they talk about in the article. In the current financial climate (Wall Street is prepping for banks, and most companies to have less than stellar reporting this quarter), will they be able to get some big $$ sponsors to sign on fairly quickly?

Ray built the slingshots, then legend modifieds, owned East Lincoln..... Hopefully he learned something we these ventures....

30-40 lead changes, that's very optimistic.

I'm excited to learn more about this series and see it in action (specifically tracks and drivers). It feels like Robby Gordon's Stadium Trucks in stock cars, minus ramps. I like the idea of a variety of tracks, not just Cup Series ovals.

Make them look like 80s monte Carlos, get them up off the track, give them about 900 ponies!

Hopefully there is a way to keep the talent level elite..... axe drivers that fall below a certain threshhold in points, allow up and comers to qualify into races. Would be great if a Bubba pollard, a brandon sheppard, etc had ways of qualifying, then went and stomped some a$$. Would generate huge amounts of interest if the nascar top dogs got demolished by some "lower level" drivers. If its invitation only and we see a bunch of william byrons/erik jones racing against eachother, it would be worse than nascar.

Thumbs up

King1

it pretty much is the iroc series
    https://sports.yahoo.com/stewart-eve...7250--spt.html
    Nathan Stephens

Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Only 12 cars on a half mile like Knoxville or Eldora for 45 minutes? Sorry, doesn’t sound too interesting. If a couple of cars drop out, not much happening. Of course, this is made for television and the cameras will mostly focus on the leader and/or a battle taking place on the track. Need more cars so lapped traffic comes into play comes into play. Just my opinion. Maybe they can make it interesting.

drich24
    You must not remember the old IROC Series. This is basically what that was. 12 cars, Champions in their respective series or a top contender. Go read the article I posted on post #11. This seems to be more about talent then anything.
    Nathan Stephens

IROC racing again = BORING.

Ray Evernham was a big part of the Camaro era of IROC behind the scenes. I’m not at all surprised he’s part of a reboot.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Nathan,

I am thoroughly aware of the IROC series from the 70s. I grew up attending road racing events at places like Road America and Brainerd International Raceway to mention a few. I saw the likes of Jackie Ickx, Denny Hulme, Peter Revson, Al Holbert, Peter Gregg, Hurley Haywood, Al Unser, Brian Redman, Alan Jones, Patrick Tambay, Gordon John(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), Danny Ongais, Willy T. Ribbs, and Gilles Villeneuve to name a few wheel everything from SCCA Can-Am, Trans Am, and Formula Atlantic and endurance racing via the old IMSA Camel GT series. Many of these drivers raced in IROC.

We used to watch the IROC races on ABC’s Wide World of Sports “back in the day.” Again, not enough cars on those tracks back then either.

Sounds like it’ll be IROC with kit cars and crate motors. That’s how you eff up a great opportunity to showcase super late model dirt racing. Are there even any dirt late model people involved?

It’s not going to be a dirt late model series, so I have no idea why you think it’d be a opportunity to showcase super late models.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I never suggested it was going to be a DLM series. But I was hoping it would at least be some type of relative of supers. And this is a DLM site. So ...

But hey, it’s dirt racing on prime time network TV. It’s a start.