Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by 15b24fan View Post
    I'm excited to learn more about this series and see it in action (specifically tracks and drivers). It feels like Robby Gordon's Stadium Trucks in stock cars, minus ramps. I like the idea of a variety of tracks, not just Cup Series ovals.
    I also immediately thought about Robby’s SST truck series. I like the idea but now I guess we will see if it actually works and they can get a fan following. Will this get me back to liking Stewart again? We will see.

With Evernham it will probably be cars similar to modifieds (but I don’t think that will sell good on TV)

First is name drivers. You pick 12 no names and nobody out there cares. 45 mins of racing ? Good luck but I don't see it working.

If Evernham is involved, I’ll watch it. Anything he has his hands on is a spectacle. Truly one of the greatest minds in Motorsports.

$$$$$ Rick Hendricks $$$$$$. Everham had Gordon and Gordon had Everham. Without each other nobody knows what mite have been. Ray left Hendricks for Mopar money and did nothing, huh different wheelman. Gordon lost Everham and looked like Darrell Waltrip, how many car chiefs ? They both put on this act but inside they really don't care about the other. From a transport driver that worked for hendrick, those 2 wouldn't even look at each other.

Love the way somebody wants to try something new and all the arm chair Nick negatives already know how it's gonna look before the first lap is run.
    I'm really no fan of evernham, but like him or not he is doing something.....and not just talking about doing something.

He should make them run the last 10 minutes in the opposite direction to keep everyone in their toes.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Is this series on dirt ?
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Is this series on dirt ?
    1/2 and 1/2 eldora and knoxville were both mentioned

I am not saying that it should not be tried. I just don’t know if some of the concepts will work and why.

I will be curious to see if it actually gets any ratings and takes off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Is this series on dirt ?
    They mentioned that they intend to hold races on both asphalt and dirt.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I tend to think we’ll see race modified Mustangs as the cars. Brand recognition matters.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    $$$$$ Rick Hendricks $$$$$$. Everham had Gordon and Gordon had Everham. Without each other nobody knows what mite have been. Ray left Hendricks for Mopar money and did nothing, huh different wheelman. Gordon lost Everham and looked like Darrell Waltrip, how many car chiefs ? They both put on this act but inside they really don't care about the other. From a transport driver that worked for hendrick, those 2 wouldn't even look at each other.
    Gordon and Evernham don't like each other? You better let them know.

Just last year, Gordon (who brought along Marc Webber from F1) and Evernham camped next to each other, went to Dingus together and hung out for a week at the Knoxville Nationals. for guys that don't like each other, they sure seemed to be good friends.

I hope its great, and I'll give it a shot like I'll give pretty much any racing a shot. To me, the formula doesn't sound like a huge winner to me but who knows what they can come up with.

I think Evernham did a darn good job condsidering he had a year to get it off the ground. He may not have had Hendrick success or whoever else but he put some high quality race cars out on the race track.

I’d be willing to bet that if he started a dirt team and was involved as deeply as he was at HMS as a crew chief, he could probably beat the most of em week in and week out.

He did have a dirt team, Erin Crocker and himself....

Brings back the memory of her winning at Carolina Speedway; enters turn one after the checkered flag and runs over Ray- flips out of the park! I think she wanted to put him a lap down so bad that she either didn't see the checkered (and at Carolina that is within the realm of possibility) or was just determined to pass him.

I don't see what the big idea is 12 cars an only 6 races look how many races everybody else runs I can't see it working hope they get a lot of tv.

I will look forward to see what this actually is going to be. I think it might turn out pretty good.

As for the cars, which Ray will build, he's already said they won't look too "dune-buggyish" -
    seemingly ruling out the NASCAR modified look.