Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Madden vs Overton SoNats showdown could be epic

https://insidedirtracing.com/madden-...could-be-epic/

Two of Dirt Late Model racing's top drivers could be headed for a showdown

Haven't looked to see if McDowell was running the whole thing but never count them out either.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Haven't looked to see if McDowell was running the whole thing but never count them out either.
    Don’t think he is.

McDowell nor Ferguson have the full SoNats tour on their schedules but Ross Bailes is planning to run the full series

Prediction...

One of those two win 80% of the races.
    Last edited by B_K; 07-13-2020 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Prediction...

One of those win 80% of the races.

Overton will win ther series

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH ROLLER View Post
    Overton will win ther series
    Hard to go against Madden in the points. I think the 76 wins more races and 44 wins the points.

Rather see Overton win it though.

Hard to go against Madden in the points. I think the 76 wins more races and 44 wins the points. Rather see Overton win it though.
    This. The 76 has dumb sh!t break all the time

Thanks to technology allowing me to see the southern drivers and many of their tracks in a series form this Midwestern guy is loving the So Nats. Yea Overton raced up thru the field like his hair was on fire at Smoky Mountain but I was worried Madden would run away with the points race after he won Race 1 of the So Nats. ......... If Madden was gonna be that good in a brand new car (and team?) with his experience, success and talent I thought he might run away with the thing.

So having no real rooting interest except for a good race every night and great series was really glad Overton won at Wythe. As the article mentions we indeed may have a neck and neck between Madden and Overton for points.

Interested to see how Bailes does as the series progresses. Was fast qualifier one night IIRC, started in the front row both races showing he's quite capable and has a great car right now..... Good article at DoD on the SC driver where he mentions he's pretty much new to these big TN tracks where it's slick racing and that when he spins his tires he loses a couple spots and takes a couple laps to get back up to speed and rythem. Mentions he's more used to tracks where it's easier to find grip. Says with how great the car has been it's been driver error and he must improve.

Hoping to see multiple winners but gonna be tough to beat Madden and Overton any night if they don't have mechanical problems. Be great to see guys like Hedgeco%$, Bailes, McIntosh, Payne, Knowles, Knuckles, Hill, Chilton, Crabtree, Fergeson and Hardy too grab some wins........ Originally thought Strickler was gonna run some So Nats. Anyone hear if he might?

Anyone have some thoughts on which drivers may get a win? Which are good at some of these tracks or that might fit their driving style?

Overton will DNF a few times and that will wreck his chances of a points title.

So, Madden is using a Clements engine. Is it the Clements EPIC Ford powered engine or his regular Clements engine ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    So, Madden is using a Clements engine. Is it the Clements EPIC Ford powered engine or his regular Clements engine ?
    Clements ford. I'd guess it's a d3

I-75 is a wildcard. I look for Hedgeco ck to be strong there.

I think bailes picks up a win or 2 also

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH ROLLER View Post
    I think
    No you don't!!!! HAhahahaha

I-75 is a wildcard. I look for Hedgeco ck to be strong there.
    Shameless pat on the back.

Called that one...
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Shameless pat on the back.
    Was just nice to get another winner on the tour but no doubt Hedgeco#$ was the best last night. He also mentioned besides liking 1-75 he does well at 411. ...........

Did you hear Madden after the race thank Hedco#$ for help with tire choice? It was Madden's first time on the reconfigured track..... He also apologized for hitting Overton when he had to take evasive action to avoid a lapped car that spun out in front of him in traffic? Overton said no biggie it was a racing thing and he'd have done the same and no way Hedge could have known I was there.

Hedgeco#$ seems like a good guy. Nice to see him win. ........

Few days back the DoD writers posited that the So Nats group of drivers this yr may very well be better than the SN group. Not sure I'd disagree and have been impressed by the racing seeing these drivers in a series format. It's early but it seems the southern guys are more respectful and less reckless than the SN guys as a group. 4 races in and no drama at all.

Maybe 3 of the first 4 So Nats races being on big tracks and the SN guys have been racing on bullrings has something to do with shaping my opinion. We'll see as the series progresses.

Hedgecoc k is simply put (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good. Over the last couple of years he’s really progressed. He’s really good at 411, but generally lights out at I-75. Track record holder at North Georgia as well. Seems like a good dude from what I’ve seen. There’s a national and a strong regional team in his area that could substantially upgrade behind the wheel with him IMO.

Ray has a good group of guys this year for sure. Bailes will be strong on the upcoming South Georgia swing I suspect. I’ll go he wins at Cochran. Don’t see the 76 getting beat at Needmore or Screven unless it’s Madden though. Page will win Senoia.

As good as Big Sexy is I think Madden will win over the two weeks worth of events