Default Kenny Wallace Dirt Track Experience

Has anyone done this? Obviously it’s not a super late model but still looks fun. Booked at Atomic next month, looking forward to it! If anyone here has done it I’d love to hear your thoughts on the experience.

I haven't, but I'm pretty sure Krooser has, so hopefully he can weigh in. If you don't get many responses, I know there was a previous thread on it as well...it may have been a few years ago.

I’d pay him 200 dollars just to not talk for 20 laps. lol

I’ve done it. It’s fun but if the cars had 250 horsepower I would be shocked

Some years back my wife bought me a ride in a two-seater late model at Cedar Lake ($179 ?) Lots of fun---stuck me in a fire suit--got my belly through the window---strapped me in--said I should pull a red strap if I needed to get out--ha ha ha---I would be toast before I could get out of that car--the fire suppression system better do the job---ear plugs and helmet but the noise and heat was still amazing---centrifugal force plastered my helmet against the roll cage--my brain has been scrambled ever since---fun---would love to do it again---when you thunder toward turn #1 it looks like you are driving into a dirt pile, because of the banking---wonderful experience

I drove a late model at Tazewell a couple of years back. Fun, but I was really slow and the banking there made it feel like I was driving in a fish bowl. Did give me a better perspective on what was going on out there.

Would have been better if all but one or two cars didn't brake. No mechanics just one guy with a hammer.

Gives a novice some idea what it's like to drive.

The cars all have 602's... I've backed up faster than they can go.

If you are a lardass like me prepare to be squashed in your seat.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I have done this as well. As a previous poster has said the Horsepower is way down on these, for good reason I am sure. You really can't put it in the corner like you would think. Still a fun experience.

Thanks for all the replies. After a few years on iracing now I just gotta see what it’s like at least once to get on the track in real life. Looking forward to it!